Area Team Lead (Team Microsoft)
Area Team Lead (Team Microsoft)
Department: Project Management & Delivery
Expertise: B2B, Commerce, Communications
Location: Toronto, Canada
Who we are:
At Wunderman Thompson we exist to inspire growth for ambitious brands. Part creative agency, part consultancy and part technology company, our experts provide end-to-end capabilities at a global scale to deliver inspiration across the entire brand and customer experience.
We are 20,000 strong in 90 markets around the world; our people bring together creative storytelling, diverse perspectives, inclusive thinking, and highly specialized vertical capabilities to drive growth for our clients. We offer deep expertise across the entire customer journey, including communications, commerce, consultancy, CRM, CX, data, production, and technology.
Who we are looking for:
Wunderman Thompson is looking for an Area Team Lead to join our Team Microsoft. We are a global agency of record for Microsoft and drive marketing management for key marketing disciplines. Supporting Microsoft’s Central Marketing Organization in Canada, and reporting to the Regional Program Lead, you will oversee service delivery within Canada, engage with global leadership, and support and track the team's performance.
What you’ll do:
- Lead | Provide operational oversight and overall accountability for service delivery within Canada. Provide an overarching view across clients and ensure a connected and seamless service model avoiding siloed teams. Intermediate between client leads and Regional Program Lead. Report on field utilization and out of scope projects.
- Team | Coach, advise and support functional leads and account team members. Partner with People team on staffing plans, recruitment and onboarding. Engage with Global Leadership Team and Regional Program Lead to share best practices and insights.
- Track | Monitor measurements such as activity tracking, responsiveness and rework. Monitor monthly utilization reports and develop action plans where utilization or out of scope is flagged.
Who you are:
- A builder | Ability to bring people and processes together. Update priorities and pivot accordingly.
- Agile | A get-things-done attitude. You dig in and figure out how to work around problems. You anticipate requirements and manage expectations.
- Open and collaborative | You champion team environments that are comfortable and encouraging.
What you’ll need:
- 7+ years of integrated marketing experience; experience working in a creative/digital agency an asset.
- 2+ years of experience managing and coaching direct reports.
- Experience building partnerships and positively influencing team members and clients.
- Skillful at crafting and presenting compelling points of view to support recommendations to clients and team members.
- Knowledge of Microsoft brand and products an asset.
- French fluency an asset.
What we offer:
- Passionate, driven people | We champion a culture of people that do extraordinary work.
- Consciously cultivated culture | We aim to embody the behaviours to build an inclusive community that is in it together, bringing both positivity and active listening into the workplace as we simultaneously strive to empower creative bravery.
- Competitive benefits | What we offer full time hires ranges from the full spectrum of group health coverage options (medical, dental, vision) and a variety of paid time off offerings that reflect our investment in all aspects of your overall life balance and wellness.
- Growth-minded opportunities | We aim to nurture a culture of real-time feedback, growth-oriented mindset, and plenty of training opportunities through Wunderman Thompson and WPP, so you can continue to grow personally and professionally.
Wunderman Thompson welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
At Wunderman Thompson, we are committed to actively building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and heard, and is treated with dignity and respect. As leaders and creative partners across industries, it is our responsibility to cultivate an environment reflective of our greatest asset; our people. We believe that this commitment inspires growth and delivers equitable outcomes for everyone as well as the clients and communities we serve.