Location: Kansas City, MO, United States
Who we are:
At Wunderman Thompson we exist to inspire growth for ambitious brands. Part creative agency, part consultancy and part technology company, our experts provide end-to-end capabilities at a global scale to deliver inspiration across the entire brand and customer experience.
We are 20,000 strong in 90 markets around the world; our people bring together creative storytelling, diverse perspectives, inclusive thinking, and highly specialized vertical capabilities to drive growth for our clients. We offer deep expertise across the entire customer journey, including communications, commerce, consultancy, CRM, CX, data, production, and technology.
Who we are looking for:
Wunderman Thompson Health is seeking an Art Director in our Kansas City, MO office. The Art Director takes the lead on concepting and designing innovative ideas that move our clients’ businesses forward. They design a broad range of marketing initiatives including campaign development, print, direct, digital, radio, and tv. The Art Director will need to collaborate directly with the Strategy, Copy, Channel, Account, Project Management, and Production teams. They should also be comfortable presenting their work internally and working collaboratively to refine.
What you'll do:
- Create | Directly contribute to project design and development – creating storyboards, initial concepts, and designs. Apply consistency and continuity of brand across a variety of deliverables in the design and layout of various client projects. Provide rationale for design choices; assure design meets business objectives as stated in creative brief. Help define a brand’s visual language (color palette, logo, font, etc.) across a range of media. Compare a brand’s visual language to other competitors, identifying trends, etc. Provide recommendations to the client/internal team based on findings.
- Collaborate | Collaborate with creative team members to determine the conceptual and graphic design direction of our clients’ branding and advertising initiatives. Lead and partner with copywriters and creative director.
- Participate | Present creative in internal meetings. Participate in client meetings, presentations, and other client contact as necessary. Offer strategic and innovative solutions, add/contribute to client meetings, present creative work.
Who you are:
- Thinker | Perform strategic and creative thinking to create innovative solutions across multiple channels.
- Designer | Create visuals for multichannel initiatives, presentations, and other projects.
- Partner | Work closely with Copywriter, Creative leadership, and other disciplines in crafting solutions for our clients.
What you'll need:
- 3-5 years experience in Advertising or related field preferred
- Strong portfolio of work that demonstrates proven talent through a variety of multi-channel campaigns across print, direct mail, digital, and tv.
- Understand responsive design and able to design for a variety of digital platforms, including desktop, mobile, tablet.
- A basic understanding of HTML5/dHTML, CSS, CMS, audio/video/mobile and social capabilities as they relate to the creative process.
- Solid working knowledge of Adobe InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Ability to think creatively and justify concepts to clients and team members.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
At Wunderman Thompson, we are committed to actively building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and heard, and is treated with dignity and respect. As leaders and creative partners across industries, it is our responsibility to cultivate an environment reflective of our greatest asset; our people. We believe that this commitment inspires growth and delivers equitable outcomes for everyone as well as the clients and communities we serve.