Senior Project Manager (Health)
Senior Project Manager (Health)
Department: Project Management & Delivery
Location: Washington, DC, United States
Who we are:
At Wunderman Thompson we exist to inspire growth for ambitious brands. Part creative agency, part consultancy and part technology company, our experts provide end-to-end capabilities at a global scale to deliver inspiration across the entire brand and customer experience.
We are 20,000 strong in 90 markets around the world; our people bring together creative storytelling, diverse perspectives, inclusive thinking, and highly specialized vertical capabilities to drive growth for our clients. We offer deep expertise across the entire customer journey, including communications, commerce, consultancy, CRM, CX, data, production, and technology.
Wunderman Thompson Health, a division of Wunderman Thompson, works with companies to build world-class healthcare and pharmaceutical brands among medical professionals and consumers, with a transmedia storytelling approach that covers print, digital and television broadcast media, medical education, sales force presentations and managed access strategies.
Who we are looking for:
Wunderman Thompson is seeking a Senior Project Manager to join the team in our Washington, DC office. The role of the Senior Project Manager is to scope, define, manage, and lead the implementation of all online and offline projects from inception, to production launch. The Senior Project Manager will manage the execution of the tactical plan agreed upon by the client including coordination of internal and external resources, timelines and team communication. In addition, promotes and ensures that project management standards such as tools, milestones and approvals are utilized and followed. An effective problem-solver on a day-to-day basis, the Senior Project Manager must be adept at anticipating problems and recognizing opportunities in a fast-paced environment.
The Senior Project Manager requires superior project management skills. This person must be a conscientious team player and a good organizer. This person also demonstrates excellent verbal and written communication skills. The Project Manager is a creative problem solver, exhibiting initiative and a take-charge attitude.
What you’ll do:
- Manage | Provide day to day management of projects from initiation through implementation and deployment. Demonstrate active problem resolution in order to ensure a smooth project process and resolve schedule conflicts. Run internal status meetings. Analyze and manage ongoing utilization and profitability per account. Assist in assignment decisions with senior lead, providing support and knowledge transfer. Set-up projects in financial tracking system and server (job codes, estimate entry, server folders, etc).
- Partner | Collaborate with Discipline Leads, to support the development of scope of work based on functional and business requirements. Engage the Account team regarding deliverables and timing expectations to support a balanced workload for the agency. Communicate status of project to the team and client on a regular basis. Uphold quality control standards, ensuring milestone sign off from Production, Art Buying, Editorial, and Retouching departments. Champion, advocate, and implement all company and departmental processes and initiatives and assist in ongoing process improvement.
- Communicate | Keep team members up to date on the status of projects. Demonstrate consistently good judgment in choosing methods of communication that are most effective and efficient (i.e. team meetings, in person, phone, email) Provide critical project information on scope, budget, and timeline to client and senior team on a regular basis.
Who you are:
- Knowledgeable | Possess a solid understanding of integrated tactics and our execution processes for offline tactics, site, email, banner, mobile, and other digital tactics. Knowledge of print, digital, broadcast, media, and production process and level of efforts required. Ability to apply knowledge to tracking ongoing deliverables in and out of the Creative Development and Production process, ensuring review and approval of all team members on each round of review.
- Collaborator | Demonstrate excellent communication skills in collaboration with team members from multiple disciplines. Able to identify and communicate print and digital best practices. Prepare materials for meetings, execute efficient and organized meetings that are cross-functionality. Participate in brainstorm sessions for integrated tactics. Establish strong relationships across capabilities.
- Leader | Enforce high standards for professionalism, and model constructive problem-solving behaviors and attitudes for team members. Recognize team training needs and plan training sessions with senior leads. Manage and set goals with 1-2 junior team members and provide reviews of direct reports.
- Trailblazer | Able to identify one or more channels to gain expertise in and act as lead for the team on emerging trends or technologies. Contribute to ongoing process refinements, the creation of new processes, and bring new ideas forth to Senior Management.
What You’ll Need:
- Minimum of 7 years of hands-on project leadership experience in advertising or marketing communications in a client-facing role, ideally at a creative agency or similar.
- Proven track record in driving creative solutions and digital content creation.
- Knowledge of social and mobile content creation and requirements for different channels.
- Customer experience and journey mapping, e-commerce, retail, and consumer brand marketing experience are highly desired. Good understanding of emerging web standards, user-centered design (UX/UI), optimization, and search practices.
- Experience working on large-scale integrated, omnichannel programs with multiple parallel work streams and diverse teams (UX, Tech, Strategy, Creative, Account, Research, and Data) across remote offices.
- High EQ and the ability to read what a team needs to help motivate them.
- Self-motivated and driven to build and create great work.
- Experience with health and wellness brands preferred.
Wunderman Thompson is an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, military/veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability, or other protected group status. We believe in creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion and strives to recruit a diverse slate of candidates to help us achieve that goal.
At Wunderman Thompson, we are committed to actively building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and heard, and is treated with dignity and respect. As leaders and creative partners across industries, it is our responsibility to cultivate an environment reflective of our greatest asset; our people. We believe that this commitment inspires growth and delivers equitable outcomes for everyone as well as the clients and communities we serve.