Vice President, Technology
Vice President, Technology
Location: New York, NY, United States
Who we are:
At Wunderman Thompson we exist to inspire growth for ambitious brands. Part creative agency, part consultancy and part technology company, our experts provide end-to-end capabilities at a global scale to deliver inspiration across the entire brand and customer experience.
We are 20,000 strong in 90 markets around the world; our people bring together creative storytelling, diverse perspectives, inclusive thinking, and highly specialized vertical capabilities to drive growth for our clients. We offer deep expertise across the entire customer journey, including communications, commerce, consultancy, CRM, CX, data, production, and technology.
Who we are looking for:
We are part agency, part consultancy, part technology company. WT is frequently tapped to help shape Marketing Technology for global enterprises, and we are seeking a VP, Technology to be the strategic marketing technology lead for Wunderman Thompson. In this role, you’ll report into the CTO of North America, joining the CTO office to deliver marketing technology solutions servicing thousands of marketers worldwide. Your role will be balanced between technical, strategic thinker and futurologist.
With a strong understanding of AdTech and MarTech across Adobe, Salesforce, Google, SAP, and other leading technology platforms, you’ll be a confident expert to technologists, clients and partners. Your full breadth of technology experience will extend to creative, media, production and data. As a member of the CTO OFFICE, you'll be responsible for participating with requirements gathering and architecting solutions in both an onshore and offshore services model.
**This role will support our East region and required to work and be available during eastern timezone working hours**
What you’ll do:
- Define, design and document the architecture blueprints for marketing/advertising technology as a single integrated offering that connects CRM, Commerce and Content.
- Establish sustainable architectural governance board for the technology stack that provides a focal point for all architecture initiatives, best practices, and standards.
- Develop and maintain aspirational roadmaps across vendors, clients and partners to futureproof our solutions, share innovations, continuously shape the north star technology architecture
- Run and manage proof-of-concepts to test and learn how the technology enables our clients to grow and partners to innovate faster
- Be the consulting advisor to our clients, advocate to our delivery teams, leader of technology solutions, evangelist within our industry to provide a clear point of view of MarTech/AdTech
What you’ll need:
- Minimum of 10+ years of professional experience in AdTech/MarTech technology.
- Consulting experience is preferred.
- Expertise of marketing technologies such as Adobe, Salesforce, etc.
- Technology industry experience, both consumer and commercial (B2B/B2C).
- Exposure to creative technology and IoT.
- Ability to collaborate across talented and diverse cross functional teams.
- Experience with leading cloud environments
- Be hands-on, delivering POCs, pair programming with developers
At Wunderman Thompson, we are committed to actively building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and heard, and is treated with dignity and respect. As leaders and creative partners across industries, it is our responsibility to cultivate an environment reflective of our greatest asset; our people. We believe that this commitment inspires growth and delivers equitable outcomes for everyone as well as the clients and communities we serve.