Senior Graphic Designer
Senior Graphic Designer
Location: San José, Costa Rica
Who we are:
At Wunderman Thompson we exist to inspire growth for ambitious brands. Part creative agency, part consultancy and part technology company, our experts provide end-to-end capabilities at a global scale to deliver inspiration across the entire brand and customer experience.
We are 20,000 strong in 90 markets around the world; our people bring together creative storytelling, diverse perspectives, inclusive thinking, and highly specialized vertical capabilities to drive growth for our clients. We offer deep expertise across the entire customer journey, including communications, commerce, consultancy, CRM, CX, data, production, and technology.
Who we are looking for:
Wunderman Thompson is seeking a seasoned Senior Designer capable of both conceptualizing graphic ideas for toolkits from scratch and to adapt and prepare an array of designs based on provided specifications. The designer shall have broad knowledge in 3D design applications to create materials such as flyers, stands, glorifiers, indoor and outdoor activations, branded giveaways among others. The Senior Designer will work in close collaboration with the Creative Director, Copywriters and Account Team. He/she will manage creative projects to ensure that all artwork strictly meets accuracy, quality, size, resolution specifications as well as any specific vendor requirements. This work will be completed using the latest version of the Adobe Creative Suite.
What you’ll do:
- Innovate| Create unique branded and unbranded graphic concepts based
- on a defined look-and-feel, and creative strategy.
- Craft| The Senior Designer must have extensive knowledge of graphic design programs, as well as 3D programs, and if possible, video editing programs.
- Collaborate| Must work hand in hand with copywriting department and lead the graphic department. The job requires excellent teamwork and negotiation abilities with the account and project manager teams.
Who you are:
- A creator | Ability and appetite to shock the client with out of the box
- Detail oriented | The job requires both to let loose creativity but also to have a keen eye to details.
- Silent leader | We want you to lead by example. As a senior designer, the best way to lead and inspire the team is to let your work do the work.
- Ego-less| The designer must feel free to create when needed but must also be capable of doing the “boring stuff” when required.
What you’ll need:
- Creative mindset and the wish to positively impact clients through outstanding creative design.
- 10+ years as a Graphic designer, Illustrator or similar within a design studio or creative agency.
- Must be able to quickly design materials for digital applications
- Strong attention to detail
- Must be organized and able to maintain folder structures on agency servers
- Must be able to follow directions in a timely manner and work efficiently under tight deadlines
- Expert knowledge of the following Adobe Creative Suite applications for the Mac OS: Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, 3D designing programs
- English level: intermediate
- Good relationships with both internal and external clients
At Wunderman Thompson, we are committed to actively building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and heard, and is treated with dignity and respect. As leaders and creative partners across industries, it is our responsibility to cultivate an environment reflective of our greatest asset; our people. We believe that this commitment inspires growth and delivers equitable outcomes for everyone as well as the clients and communities we serve.