Lead UI Designer
Lead UI Designer
Expertise: Commerce, Consulting
Location: London, United Kingdom
Who we are:
At Wunderman Thompson we exist to inspire growth for ambitious brands. Part creative agency, part consultancy and part technology company, our experts provide end-to-end capabilities at a global scale to deliver inspiration across the entire brand and customer experience.
We are 20,000 strong in 90 markets around the world; our people bring together creative storytelling, diverse perspectives, inclusive thinking, and highly specialized vertical capabilities to drive growth for our clients. We offer deep expertise across the entire customer journey, including communications, commerce, consultancy, CRM, CX, data, production, and technology.
Wunderman Thompson Commerce is a global Commerce consultancy that applies strategy, technical know-how and outstanding design to help its ambitious clients grow through Commerce solutions.
How? By creating inspirational commerce journeys. It’s why we work with some of the most exciting brands around such as Tempur, DFS, Domino's, Boots, Xerox Sainsbury’s, Selfridges, Specialized and Ted Baker.
Tell me more! We’re an inclusive group of more than 1500 expert thinkers and doers stationed across more than 20 global offices including our new, state-of-the-art offices in Watford, and two agency offices in Central London. Our reputation is based on having the best in the business – people who are inspired yet straight-talking, and who really want to understand not just our clients but their customers. We are passionate about innovation in everything we do, and proud of what our people achieve, empowering and respecting every one of them.
Together, we keep our clients and their customers inspired and ahead through digital, future-ready Commerce solutions and services. When our clients win – we win.
As our business grows internationally, we’re seeking new people who share our values and work ethic. We especially want to encourage more diversity in our teams, that is why we are making it a priority to create a more inclusive company for our people to thrive in and be proud of, to work with our clients to produce diverse work with the power to effect change, and to collaborate with our communities to mould a more equitable society.
Want to find out more about us? www.wundermanthompsoncommerce.com
Who we're looking for:
We are looking for an ambitious, confident, detailed oriented Lead UI Designer who wants to work at the forefront of digital design, working within a cross-functional creative team designing interfaces which improve the user experience and ultimately increase conversion.
You will be a designer who is enthusiastic, focused, with an impeccable eye for detail. Eager to learn and to challenge for smarter ways of doing things; a team player proud of their work who wants to share it. You like working in a fast-paced environment and are ready to create outstanding online shopper experiences for consumers and brands, no matter what product, service, sector, device, or channel!
Your work will be of the highest standard and will impress clients and resonate within the eComm landscape. You will be able to showcase a portfolio of online experiences across the whole customer journey. You will have a customer-first mindset, with the maturity and initiative to do what it takes keep our clients happy, including some working at client locations.
You will apply your creative thinking and strong visual skills to ensure your designs meet the objectives of the brief. Pushing the creative execution of conversion design solutions, challenging, and inspiring our accounts and clients.
You will have the experience and vision to interpret complex business requirements and translate them into functional and intuitive design solutions that inspire the user and enhance their experience, making sure that your designs are commercially viable locations.
This role is ideal for a UI Designer who has experience working in e-commerce and passionate about UI design. One who can think conceptually and lead the execution of online visual identity as well-being skilled in conversion-led design for transactional websites.
What you'll be doing:
- Creating a digital brand look & feel, design systems and pixel perfect responsive interfaces for key clients, ensuring you consider usability and accessibility standards, and that you meet both user and business needs. You will take a systematic approach to design, anticipating future needs and building in flexibility and efficiency.
- Working with Account Leads, CX Leads, fellow designers, developers, and clients as a part of the creative process, understanding business drivers and provide design leadership to clients and internal teams.
- You will provide lead, mentor, and support a number of designers and have the experience to elevate and strengthen our UI Design offering. Ensuring best practise is always followed.
What you'll need:
- Experience working at digital / creative agencies and / or in-house design studios
- Degree educated in Graphic design / UI or similar discipline
- Breadth of experience across sectors / audiences
- Compelling portfolio that demonstrates high quality design online, including eCommerce
We'd love you to be great with:
- Demonstrable eCommerce experience
- Skilled in standard software: Figma, Sketch, Invision, Adobe Creative Suite, incl. Photoshop and Illustrator for brand work.
- Creative, yet meticulous. Detail oriented with a keen sense of craftsmanship.
- Have an outstanding eye for design and typography
- Willing to adapt and take on new challenges and driven to continually improve.
- Understand and able to create and theme design systems for brands that we work with.
- Systematic approach to work, anticipating future needs for clients and customers.
- Advocate for efficient reusable components.
- Keen collaborator with software engineering.
- Passion for technology and web-based applications.
- Great attitude, strong work ethic, excellent communication skills.
- Ability to manage own projects and to work quickly and accurately to tight deadlines.
- Able to multi-task and perform well under pressure.
- Excellent time management and problem-solving abilities.
- Able to present concepts and design decisions.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Enthusiastic, self-confident, and self-motivated.
Bonus points if you have experience with:
- Animation and video (Adobe After Effects and Final Cut Pro).
- Plugins for design systems
- Conversational UI
What you'll get from us:
No two days are the same, the scale and diversity of work keeps us energised and there is no shortage of new opportunity. In amongst this, we’re also always searching for ways to do things better, and how to grow our transformation and indeed, disruption, opportunities with clients.
The health and wellbeing of our employees is high on our agenda, so you’ll be able to join wellness activities such as weekly yoga and take advantage of our benefits including private health care, Employee Assistance Programme, and cycle-to-work scheme.
At Wunderman Thompson, we are committed to actively building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and heard, and is treated with dignity and respect. As leaders and creative partners across industries, it is our responsibility to cultivate an environment reflective of our greatest asset; our people. We believe that this commitment inspires growth and delivers equitable outcomes for everyone as well as the clients and communities we serve.