Location: Lisbon, Portugal
Who we are:
At Wunderman Thompson we exist to inspire growth for ambitious brands. Part creative agency, part consultancy and part technology company, our experts provide end-to-end capabilities at a global scale to deliver inspiration across the entire brand and customer experience.
We are 20,000 strong in 90 markets around the world; our people bring together creative storytelling, diverse perspectives, inclusive thinking, and highly specialized vertical capabilities to drive growth for our clients. We offer deep expertise across the entire customer journey, including communications, commerce, consultancy, CRM, CX, data, production, and technology.
Who are we looking for:
The Android Developer to join our team! As an Android Developer, you are responsible for developing mobile applications for large brands and even larger audiences. Our applications grace the featured sections of the App Store and are being built with the latest systems and tools available to developers. For some examples of our work go to www.wundermanthompson.com/service/apps
The Android Developer is responsible for the development of the applications for our clients. You will be tasked with leading all or parts of projects based on size and scope. Our environment is fast past, with agile sprints, peer reviews, as well as our own in-house design and QA supporting the projects. You will get to work with developers that have been in Android since the beginning, designers that specialize in mobile, and with clients that look to you to be the mobile specialist for their organization.
What you'll do:
• Work | Write code that is consistent and clean both in formatting style and design with current Android coding practices.
• Team | Work with a team of developers, designers, QA, and project management to produce high quality projects for large brands that you know and use.
• Collaborate | Mentor associate developers. Review code for your peers. Collaborate and meet with the team to review status, identify potential blockers.
Who you are:
• Open and collaborative | Our team is close-knit and supportive and we’re working with a lot of unknowns – you must champion of team environments that are comfortable and encouraging.
• Optimistic and resilient | Dig in and figure out how to work around problems. Yes, and why not posture. Takes care of self and team. Balance needed to maintain stamina and positivity.
What you'll need:
• 2+ years of experience as a software engineer with the majority of your experience in Java or Kotlin with the Android SDK.
• Self-motivated and detail-oriented work ethic with a willingness to challenge assumptions and shift gears.
• Must be able to understand the Activity lifecycle and know what the various state s require a developer to do.
• Able to explain what an Activity is and how it is different from a fragment.
• Able to evaluate performance issues with a complete understand of the view layout system.
• Able to give a detailed explanation of how to build a list of views and how to provide data in a memory efficient way.
• Able to define a Bundle and how to properly use it to store and restore a view’s state.
• Strong understand of how the system is capable of supporting multiple devices sizes and requirements to develop to them.
At Wunderman Thompson, we are committed to actively building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and heard, and is treated with dignity and respect. As leaders and creative partners across industries, it is our responsibility to cultivate an environment reflective of our greatest asset; our people. We believe that this commitment inspires growth and delivers equitable outcomes for everyone as well as the clients and communities we serve.