Senior Strategist (Health)
Senior Strategist (Health)
Location: Washington, DC, United States
Who we are:
At Wunderman Thompson we exist to inspire growth for ambitious brands. Part creative agency, part consultancy and part technology company, our experts provide end-to-end capabilities at a global scale to deliver inspiration across the entire brand and customer experience.
We are 20,000 strong in 90 markets around the world; our people bring together creative storytelling, diverse perspectives, inclusive thinking, and highly specialized vertical capabilities to drive growth for our clients. We offer deep expertise across the entire customer journey, including communications, commerce, consultancy, CRM, CX, data, production, and technology.
Wunderman Thompson Health, a division of Wunderman Thompson, works with companies to build world-class healthcare and pharmaceutical brands among medical professionals and consumers, with a transmedia storytelling approach that covers print, digital, social, television broadcast media, and more.
Who we are looking for:
Wunderman Thompson Health is seeking a Senior Strategist for our Washington, DC office (remote options are available). This individual, reporting to a Director of Strategy, will help spearhead the planning and execution of initiatives across the full suite of our client's unique communications and marketing goals. The Senior Strategist must demonstrate an ability to think about the details and the big picture, serving as a critical resource to help inspire and explore our biggest ideas, as well as drive day-to-day insights discovery and application. The Senior Strategist is both a “thinker” and a “doer,” versed in digital, social, CRM, and integrated marketing strategies.
Who You Are:
- An analytical thinker | Our work must be purposeful. You excel at identifying and defining problems, understanding what information is necessary to solve them, and developing frameworks and approaches to do so.
- A creative problem solver | The best strategists are comfortable with ambiguity, or at least driven to reduce it. You are curious and capable of asking the questions that lead to insightful answers. You dig in and figure out how to work through problems.
- A thoughtful partner | Our team is close-knit, collaborative, and supportive. You help champion team environments that are comfortable, inclusive, and encouraging. You, like your team, are flexible to wear the hats that need wearing.
- A proactive leader | Understanding a sound strategy is a cornerstone of impactful work, you bring the appetite and ability to bring people together in service of meeting our shared goals. We move forward, together.
What You’ll Do:
- Lead the team in secondary research tasks such as analyzing competitive positioning, messaging, key opinion leader perspectives, and overall communications approaches.
- Support the team with primary research tasks such as surveys, focus groups, and IDIs.
- Write clear, linear prose that synthesize findings, communicate key points, and elevate actionable insights.
- Develop outlines and deliverables that articulate insights, and how they ladder up to our overarching goals and KPIs.
- Participate in WTH trainings and workshops, department overview meetings, and mentorship programs for continued learning.
- Explore and share emerging business and market trends with the team to help evolve strategy best practices.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to maintain and grow client relationships and manage client expectations.
What You’ll Need:
- 4-7 years’ experience in strategic communications, marketing, research, professional services, brand management, or related fields.
- Strong knowledge of online research techniques as well as broader communications and marketing best practices.
- Established ability to prioritize work and juggle multiple projects effectively, communicating with colleagues and peers along the way.
- Excellent writing, verbal, presentation, and consensus-building skills.
- Exceptional ability to organize people, projects, ideas, and information.
- Desire to coach and provide leadership across departments, in a team setting, and in a matrixed environment.
- Willingness to embrace challenges and to bring a client service mindset to our work.
Wunderman Thompson is an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, military/veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability, or other protected group status. We believe in creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion and strives to recruit a diverse slate of candidates to help us achieve that goal.
At Wunderman Thompson, we are committed to actively building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and heard, and is treated with dignity and respect. As leaders and creative partners across industries, it is our responsibility to cultivate an environment reflective of our greatest asset; our people. We believe that this commitment inspires growth and delivers equitable outcomes for everyone as well as the clients and communities we serve.