Senior Android Engineer
Senior Android Engineer
Location: Lisbon, Portugal
Who we are:
At Wunderman Thompson we exist to inspire growth for ambitious brands. Part creative agency, part consultancy and part technology company, our experts provide end-to-end capabilities at a global scale to deliver inspiration across the entire brand and customer experience.
We are 20,000 strong in 90 markets around the world; our people bring together creative storytelling, diverse perspectives, inclusive thinking, and highly specialized vertical capabilities to drive growth for our clients. We offer deep expertise across the entire customer journey, including communications, commerce, consultancy, CRM, CX, data, production, and technology.
Who we’re looking for:
The Wunderman Thompson Apps Senior Android Engineer is responsible for the development of core and critical features for ANDROID projects.
The ideal candidate will have specialized knowledge and experience in Android development, including implementing Android development best practices, writing clean and extendable code, applying debugging techniques, and mentoring other Android engineers.
The Senior Android Engineer also collaborates closely with other members of the project team, including platform leads, project managers, quality engineers, designers, and business analysts, to implement and deliver project features and releases.
You’ll work with developers who have been in app development since the beginning, designers who specialize in mobile, and clients who will look to you to be the app specialist for their organization.
What you’ll do:
• Develop | Write code that is consistent and clean both in formatting style and design with current Android coding practices. Review code for your peers.
• Collaborate | Work with a team of developers, designers, business analysts, QA, and project management to produce high-quality projects for large brands that you know and use.
• Deliver | Ship releases to users regularly and see your work go live early and often.
• Mentor | Mentor developers and associate developers on your team and help them grow.
Who you are:
• Builder | You love leveraging new technologies to build amazing products.
• Team player | You thrive on working collaboratively with a diverse set of team members and are an effective communicator.
• Problem solver | You’re driven to keep finding solutions to interesting and challenging problems.
What you’ll need:
• Minimum of 3 years as a Software Engineer in Kotlin or Java with the Android SDK.
• Must be able to understand the Activity life-cycle and know what the various states require a developer to do.
• Able to explain what an Activity is and how it is different from a fragment.
• Able to evaluate performance issues with a complete understand of the view layout system.
• Able to give a detailed explanation of how to build a list of views and how to provide data in a memory efficient way.
• Able to define a Bundle and how to properly use it to store and restore a view’s state.
• Strong understand of how the system is capable of supporting multiple devices sizes and requirements to develop to them.
• Proficient in integrating with a variety of back-end API systems and endpoints.
• Self-motivated and detail-oriented work ethic with a willingness to challenge assumptions and shift gears.
At Wunderman Thompson, we are committed to actively building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and heard, and is treated with dignity and respect. As leaders and creative partners across industries, it is our responsibility to cultivate an environment reflective of our greatest asset; our people. We believe that this commitment inspires growth and delivers equitable outcomes for everyone as well as the clients and communities we serve.