Senior iOS Engineer
Senior iOS Engineer
Location: Lisbon, Portugal
Who we are:
At Wunderman Thompson we exist to inspire growth for ambitious brands. Part creative agency, part consultancy and part technology company, our experts provide end-to-end capabilities at a global scale to deliver inspiration across the entire brand and customer experience.
We are 20,000 strong in 90 markets around the world; our people bring together creative storytelling, diverse perspectives, inclusive thinking, and highly specialized vertical capabilities to drive growth for our clients. We offer deep expertise across the entire customer journey, including communications, commerce, consultancy, CRM, CX, data, production, and technology.
Who we’re looking for:
The Wunderman Thompson Apps Senior iOS Engineer is responsible for the development of core and critical features for iOS projects.
The ideal candidate will have specialized knowledge and experience in iOS development, including implementing iOS development best practices, writing clean and extendable code, applying debugging techniques, and mentoring other iOS engineers.
The Senior iOS Engineer also collaborates closely with other members of the project team, including platform leads, project managers, quality engineers, designers, and business analysts, to implement and deliver project features and releases.
You’ll work with developers who have been in app development since the beginning, designers who specialize in mobile, and clients who will look to you to be the app specialist for their organization.
What you’ll do:
• Develop | Write code that is consistent and clean both in formatting style and design with current iOS coding practices. Review code for your peers.
• Collaborate | Work with a team of developers, designers, business analysts, QA, and project management to produce high-quality projects for large brands that you know and use.
• Deliver | Ship releases to users regularly and see your work go live early and often.
• Mentor | Mentor developers and associate developers on your team and help them grow.
Who you are:
• Builder | You love leveraging new technologies to build amazing products.
• Team player | You thrive on working collaboratively with a diverse set of team members and are an effective communicator.
• Problem solver | You’re driven to keep finding solutions to interesting and challenging problems.
What you’ll need:
• Minimum of 3 years as a Software Engineer in Swift, Obj-C, C or C++.
• Experience with NSLayoutContraints, XIB files and Storyboards, with the ability to develop UI in both code and Interface Builder.
• Able to describe what CoreDate is, what persistent store is and how it is used in iOS.
• Ability to explain what GCD, NSOperations and mutex locks are and when and how they are used.
• Able to explain what ARC was; bonus points if you have experience with reference counting and can explain how/why you used it.
• Ability to define and describe MVC/MVVM patterns with examples of how and why it is used.
• Proficient in integrating with a variety of backend API systems and endpoints.
• Self-motivated and detail-oriented work ethic with a willingness to challenge assumptions and shift gears.
At Wunderman Thompson, we are committed to actively building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and heard, and is treated with dignity and respect. As leaders and creative partners across industries, it is our responsibility to cultivate an environment reflective of our greatest asset; our people. We believe that this commitment inspires growth and delivers equitable outcomes for everyone as well as the clients and communities we serve.