Location: Lisbon, Portugal
Who we are:
At Wunderman Thompson we exist to inspire growth for ambitious brands. Part creative agency, part consultancy and part technology company, our experts provide end-to-end capabilities at a global scale to deliver inspiration across the entire brand and customer experience.
We are 20,000 strong in 90 markets around the world; our people bring together creative storytelling, diverse perspectives, inclusive thinking, and highly specialized vertical capabilities to drive growth for our clients. We offer deep expertise across the entire customer journey, including communications, commerce, consultancy, CRM, CX, data, production, and technology.
Who are we looking for:
Wunderman Thompson is seeking an iOS Engineer to join our Denver team! Responsible for developing mobile applications for large brands and even larger audiences. Our applications grace the featured sections of the Play Store and are being built with the latest systems and tools available to developers. For some examples of our work go to https://www.wundermanthompson.com/service/apps.
You will be tasked with leading all or parts of projects based on size and scope. Our environment is fast past, with agile sprints, peer reviews, and we have in-house design and QA also supporting the projects.
Our engineers take code from Xcode to GIT, push apps to our clients with a tool we built called VEND to review our work, and then ship to the Play Store for our clients users. You will get to work with developers that have been in iOS development since the beginning, designers that specialize in mobile, and with clients that look to you to be the mobile specialist for their organization.
What you'll do:
• Work | Write code that is consistent and clean both in formatting style and design with current iOS coding practices.
• Team | Work with a team of developers, designers, QA, and project management to produce high quality projects for large brands that you know and use.
• Collaborate | Mentor associate developers. Review code for your peers. Collaborate and meet with the team to review status, identify potential blockers.
Who you are:
• Open and collaborative | Our team is close-knit and supportive and we’re working with a lot of unknowns – you must champion of team environments that are comfortable and encouraging.
• Optimistic and resilient | Dig in and figure out how to work around problems. Yes, and why not posture. Takes care of self and team. Balance needed to maintain stamina and positivity.
What you'll need:
• 2+ years as a Software Engineer in Swift, Obj-C, C or C++.
• Experience developing mobile project either professionally or solo.
• Self motivated and detail-oriented work ethic with a willingness to challenge assumptions and shift gears.
• Experience with NSLayoutContraints, XIB files and Storyboards, with the ability to develop UI in both code and Interface Builder.
• Able to describe what CoreDate is, what persistent store is and how it is used in iOS.
• Ability to explain what GCD, NSOperations and mutex locks are and when and how they are used.
• Able to explain what ARC was; bonus points if you have experience with reference counting and can explain how/why you used it.
• Ability to define and describe MVC/MVVM patterns with examples of how and why it is used.
At Wunderman Thompson, we are committed to actively building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and heard, and is treated with dignity and respect. As leaders and creative partners across industries, it is our responsibility to cultivate an environment reflective of our greatest asset; our people. We believe that this commitment inspires growth and delivers equitable outcomes for everyone as well as the clients and communities we serve.