Location: Lisbon, Portugal
Who we are:
At Wunderman Thompson we exist to inspire growth for ambitious brands. Part creative agency, part consultancy and part technology company, our experts provide end-to-end capabilities at a global scale to deliver inspiration across the entire brand and customer experience.
We are 20,000 strong in 90 markets around the world; our people bring together creative storytelling, diverse perspectives, inclusive thinking, and highly specialized vertical capabilities to drive growth for our clients. We offer deep expertise across the entire customer journey, including communications, commerce, consultancy, CRM, CX, data, production, and technology.
Who are we looking for:
We are looking for a Roku Developer for an immediate contract with our team! Responsible for developing new Roku applications for large brands and even larger audiences. Our applications grace the featured sections of all App and Channel Stores and are being built with the latest systems and tools available to developers. For some examples of our work go to https://www.wundermanthompson.com/service/apps
You will be tasked with providing engineering support on the Roku platform as we deploy enhancements across these devices and leading all or parts of projects based on size and scope. Our environment is fast past, with agile sprints, peer reviews, and we have in-house design and QA also supporting the projects.
What you'll do:
- Work | Write code that is consistent and clean both in formatting style and design with current coding practices.
- Team | Work with a team of developers, designers, QA, and project management to produce high-quality projects for large brands that you know and use.
- Collaborate | Collaborate and meet with the team to review status and identify potential blockers.
Who you are:
- Open and collaborative | Our team is close-knit and supportive and we’re working with a lot of unknowns – you must champion team environments that are comfortable and encouraging. Evangelizes quality to team, colleagues, clients, and community
- Optimistic and Flexible | Dig in and figure out how to work creatively. Takes care of self and team. Balance is needed to maintain stamina and positivity.
- Innovative and adaptable | Keep up to date with evolving technologies and platforms. Implement processes and strategies that facilitate the growth of the practice. Embrace change and iteration.
What you'll need:
- Minimum of 2 years of software development experience with a minimum of 1 year developing products on Roku devices.
- Experience developing in BrightScript.
- Experience using version control systems such as Github.
- Experience with cloud-based tools and technologies such as AWS.
- Experience with unit and integration tests.
- Significant experience working within an Agile environment (referencing user stories,
- participating in sprints, daily scrums and retrospectives).
- Excellent communication skills.
At Wunderman Thompson, we are committed to actively building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and heard, and is treated with dignity and respect. As leaders and creative partners across industries, it is our responsibility to cultivate an environment reflective of our greatest asset; our people. We believe that this commitment inspires growth and delivers equitable outcomes for everyone as well as the clients and communities we serve.