Department: Client Services
Location: Amsterdam, Netherlands
Who we are:
At Wunderman Thompson we exist to inspire growth for ambitious brands. Part creative agency, part consultancy and part technology company, our experts provide end-to-end capabilities at a global scale to deliver inspiration across the entire brand and customer experience.
We are 20,000 strong in 90 markets around the world; our people bring together creative storytelling, diverse perspectives, inclusive thinking, and highly specialized vertical capabilities to drive growth for our clients. We offer deep expertise across the entire customer journey, including communications, commerce, consultancy, CRM, CX, data, production, and technology.
At Wunderman Thompson Amsterdam, we inspire growth for ambitious brands. We are part creative agency, part consultancy and part technology company.
Our culture is energetic, ambitious and driven by creative bravery. We work together with a team of highly creative professionals at the Amsteldok WPP campus in Amsterdam.
We want to fuel growth of our agency with talented, driven and creative people. Which is why we are looking for a talented Account Manager who can contribute to our ambitious plans.
The AM has responsibility for client delivery across Wunderman Thompson Amsterdam. You will be embedded in an Account team within the Client Services department. You run projects together with your team in the best possible way, thus ensuring the current business with your assigned clients.
Ultimately, we aim to inspire business growth for our clients, partnering with them to create integrated end to end brand experiences that will drive accelerated growth. You'll support and enable the growth of your clients, to ensure they leverage the best of Wunderman Thompson to deliver against their needs.
The role of account
The Account team is responsible for activating and thus engaging the client within the Client Triangle. You are the one who knows the needs and wants of the client and are able to translate this to business growth, servicing them with the end-to-end brand experiences Wunderman Thompson has to offer. Within the client triangle your role is set the right expectations, people, resources, budget and planning across projects and client needs. Through clear understanding and building on the relationship you can scope projects the right way. Making sure they are delivered in time on budget.
• Commercial, financial and business end responsibility on client level for 1-6 assigned fixed clients.
• You work closely together with the team leads at client side, getting a real understanding of what the client is trying to achieve, what the limitations are, and continually thinking about how we can help the client achieving his goals. Thus, building a close relationship.
• At the agency, you are the right hand to the CSD, stepping up as and when required, keeping him/her abreast of any issues and concerns.
• You must have the skill to keep an eye on the detail of all projects without running everything yourself.
• You are expected to lead the way in continually thinking about ways to improve. You have to lead, manage and inspire the client triangle ensuring that:
• they work very closely together, serving the clients in the best way possible
• the account handling standards are the best and meet all expectations at the client side and internally
• they have a clear understanding of the needs and wishes of the clients and an insight into the client’s business and market
• Project leadership:
• being the commercial, financial and operational lead for your team, keeping the overview of all projects on all you assigned clients, keeping up with the total scope
• managing D2D planning and account handling for your assigned clients, working closely together with your client triangle
• financial and business reporting on client level, across projects.
• Business leadership:
• You’ll be rigorous in your attention to detail, developing an almost forensic level of detail on your clients, their business and our capabilities. You’ll work closely with the CSD to develop and implement account strategy and drive the account forward – commercially and creatively.
• Strategic and smart but also operational - understanding the vision for your accounts and know how to execute against it. Adept at unearthing client’s challenges you will be able to go into their business, gain respect and understanding and look at opportunities to both grow our relationship and provide a better experience, bring everyone on the journey with you • Commercial leadership:
• Taking commercial responsibility - you will be responsible along with your CSD to recognise the commercial implications of agency decisions and external influences and manage the internal and client conversations arising from these, being well informed about the commercials of all projects you are responsible for.
• Assisting the CSD/Client triangle in spotting ad hoc growth opportunities with your assigned clients and in developing growth plans
• Actively working on new bizz projects for your assigned clients
A builder. An exceptional communicator. A lateral thinker. A problem solver. An opportunity spotter. Commercially focused yet creatively inspired. Innately curious, brave, and passionate about your craft. And an all-round great human being.
• Forward thinking and inspirational
• An appetite for change, new ways of doing things and doing new thing
• Hungry to make an impact by improving the traditional way of working for both the clients and Wunderman Thompson
• Inclusive and down-to-earth
• Energetic and enthusiastic
• Highly organized and structured
• Spot problems before they become one and love solving them
• Curious, interested, and interesting
• A great team player balancing the interests of the clients, the company and the people in the team
• a strong sense of responsibility and ownership
• an eye for detail
• HARD REQUIREMENT: fluent in Dutch
Account | Client Services
Amsterdam, Campus WPP
At Wunderman Thompson, we are committed to actively building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and heard, and is treated with dignity and respect. As leaders and creative partners across industries, it is our responsibility to cultivate an environment reflective of our greatest asset; our people. We believe that this commitment inspires growth and delivers equitable outcomes for everyone as well as the clients and communities we serve.