Talent and Career Development Manager
Talent and Career Development Manager
Location: Lisbon, Portugal
Who we are:
At Wunderman Thompson we exist to inspire growth for ambitious brands. Part creative agency, part consultancy and part technology company, our experts provide end-to-end capabilities at a global scale to deliver inspiration across the entire brand and customer experience.
We are 20,000 strong in 90 markets around the world; our people bring together creative storytelling, diverse perspectives, inclusive thinking, and highly specialized vertical capabilities to drive growth for our clients. We offer deep expertise across the entire customer journey, including communications, commerce, consultancy, CRM, CX, data, production, and technology.
From the Lisbon office of Wunderman Thompson Portugal, we see the Tagus River, and from the Porto office, the Atlantic – but in both scenarios our eyes are on the future. We have one purpose: to grow our clients’ brands and businesses, driven by an indomitable desire to combine creativity, data, and technology to do what hasn’t been done before.
You will be part of a company that excels in the industry with end-to-end multiple capabilities and has a commitment to delivery amazing results by mixing technicality and expertise with the unbreakable commitment to our company behaviours and values.
Who we are looking for:
We are looking for a Talent & Career Development Manager to join our 300-person business that recruits talent to work locally and globally for some of the world’s biggest and well-known brands across creative, data and technology like Vodafone, Microsoft and Nestle to name a few.
You will be responsible for the attraction and development of new and existing employees. We would love you to have specialized knowledge and experience in both sourcing and attracting talent, as well as executing and controlling their development needs.
In addition, you will be collaborating closely with our people teams, senior leadership teams, and c-suite executives within the company to implement and deliver L&D and Talent best practices.
What you’ll be doing:
- Own the end-to-end recruitment processes for various positions at Wunderman Thompson within creative, data and technology.
- Develop and update job descriptions, utilise our recruitment assets and post our vacancies through our ATS systems (Greenhouse & LinkedIn)
- Work closely with the managers to determine hiring needs and requirements
- Track the talent team performance and introduce hiring KPI’s
- Design, implement and control L&D programmes and initiatives aligned with the overall HR global strategy
- Facilitate the induction and management of the company e-L&D tools
- Execute and control the training needs analysis process, to identify potential training opportunities
- Monitor and ensure the efficiency of our L&D programmes based on competencies and technical skills that assess employee performance to identify potential training opportunities
- Prepare and develop reports of KPI's to support management decision
Who You Are:
- Problem solver: You are driven to keep finding solutions to interesting and challenging problems
- Team player: You thrive on working collaboratively with a diverse set of people and are an effective communicator
- Flexible and Curious: You are eager to learn and keep abreast of new practices and trends
- Analytical: You can translate and deliver data in a concise and creative way
What you’ll need:
- A Degree in Human Resources Management, Organizational / Industrial Psychology, Management, or any other relevant field
- + 5 years of professional experience in Talent Acquisition, Learning &, Development, or talent/career management
- Good MS Office knowledge
- Excellent Portuguese and English communication skills
Bonus points if you have:
- A CCP (Certificado de Competências Pedagógicas) certification or any other training certifications
- Good knowledge of HR core processes
- Portuguese Labor Law knowledge
- Experience with ATS Systems similar to LinkedIn & Greenhouse
No two days are the same, the scale and diversity of work keeps us energised and there is no shortage of new opportunity. In amongst this, we’re also always searching for ways to do things better, and how to grow our transformation and indeed, disruption, opportunities with clients.
The health and wellbeing of our employees is high on our agenda, so you’ll be able to join wellness activities such as weekly yoga and take advantage of our benefits including private health care, Employee Assistance Programme, and cycle-to-work scheme.
At Wunderman Thompson, we are committed to actively building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and heard, and is treated with dignity and respect. As leaders and creative partners across industries, it is our responsibility to cultivate an environment reflective of our greatest asset; our people. We believe that this commitment inspires growth and delivers equitable outcomes for everyone as well as the clients and communities we serve.