Project Finance Associate
Project Finance Associate
Location: Saint Louis, MO, United States
Who we are:
At Wunderman Thompson we exist to inspire growth for ambitious brands. Part creative agency, part consultancy and part technology company, our experts provide end-to-end capabilities at a global scale to deliver inspiration across the entire brand and customer experience.
We are 20,000 strong in 90 markets around the world; our people bring together creative storytelling, diverse perspectives, inclusive thinking, and highly specialized vertical capabilities to drive growth for our clients. We offer deep expertise across the entire customer journey, including communications, commerce, consultancy, CRM, CX, data, production, and technology.
Wunderman Thompson Health, a division of Wunderman Thompson, works with companies to build world-class healthcare and pharmaceutical brands among medical professionals and consumers, with a transmedia storytelling approach that covers print, digital and television broadcast media, medical education, sales force presentations and managed access strategies.
Who we are looking for:
Wunderman Thompson Health is seeking a Project Finance Associate in our St. Louis office. The Project Finance Associate is responsible for ensuring company policy and procedures with respect to project accounting functions. They serve as a key team member of the Client Finance group and provide operational support and financial expertise to client service team members. Ongoing collaboration with client service team members is key to ensuring accuracy of projects budgets and customer billing. They will maintain compliance regarding SOX/IFRS guidelines.
What you’ll do:
- Collaborate | Work closely with project management to process request to open billable projects, based on review and understanding of customer contracts. Support Finance group in providing commentary for accrued and deferred revenue balances.
- Client | Provide oversight to project management specific to activities impacting gross or net revenue. Serve as backup to Finance Manager and Revenue & Client Finance Analyst during peak and overlapping timeframes. Perform Ongoing maintenance of project budgets and billing schedules.
- Corporate | Generate accurate client billing on monthly basis. Support monthly revenue recognition process and annual SOX/IFRS audits as needed. Evaluate current processes for opportunities of efficiency along with Ad-hoc projects as assigned.
Who you are:
- Communicator | Capability to develop financial plans by collaborating with key stakeholders. Capability to create and deliver presentations for corporate review, including standard components such as revenue, staffing plans & changes, headcount, and corporate expenses.
- Detail-Oriented | Competency in math and analytics. Precise financial forecasting, tracking, and process reviews; ability to spot inconsistencies/needed corrections. Strong organizational skill and ability to keep deadlines. Ability to follow written process and update documentation as needed.
- Ego-less | We all wear the hats that need wearing, it’s a mentality that makes the team successful.
What You’ll Need:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, finance specialty a plus.
- 0-1 years of experience, project accounting preferred.
- Knowledge of Workday strongly preferred.
- Competency at Microsoft Excel Intermediate level preferred.
- Analytical skills: demonstrate the ability to analyze business and improve profitability.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
Wunderman Thompson is an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, military/veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability, or other protected group status. We believe in creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion and strives to recruit a diverse slate of candidates to help us achieve that goal.
At Wunderman Thompson, we are committed to actively building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and heard, and is treated with dignity and respect. As leaders and creative partners across industries, it is our responsibility to cultivate an environment reflective of our greatest asset; our people. We believe that this commitment inspires growth and delivers equitable outcomes for everyone as well as the clients and communities we serve.
Note: We rely on legitimate interest as a legal basis for processing personal information under the GDPR for purposes of recruitment and applications for employment.