Solution Development Manager
Solution Development Manager
Location: London, United Kingdom
Who we are:
At Wunderman Thompson we exist to inspire growth for ambitious brands. Part creative agency, part consultancy and part technology company, our experts provide end-to-end capabilities at a global scale to deliver inspiration across the entire brand and customer experience.
We are 20,000 strong in 90 markets around the world; our people bring together creative storytelling, diverse perspectives, inclusive thinking, and highly specialized vertical capabilities to drive growth for our clients. We offer deep expertise across the entire customer journey, including communications, commerce, consultancy, CRM, CX, data, production, and technology.
About Wunderman Thompson Commerce:
Wunderman Thompson Commerce is a global Commerce consultancy that applies strategy, technical know-how and outstanding design to help its ambitious clients grow through Commerce solutions.
How? By creating inspirational commerce journeys. It’s why we work with some of the most exciting brands around such as Tempur, DFS, Domino's, Boots, Xerox Sainsbury’s, Selfridges, Specialized and Ted Baker.
Tell me more! We’re an inclusive group of more than 1500 expert thinkers and doers stationed across more than 20 global offices including our new, state-of-the-art offices in Watford, and two agency offices in Central London. Our reputation is based on having the best in the business – people who are inspired yet straight-talking, and who really want to understand not just our clients but their customers. We are passionate about innovation in everything we do, and proud of what our people achieve, empowering and respecting every one of them.
Together, we keep our clients and their customers inspired and ahead through digital, future-ready Commerce solutions and services. When our clients win – we win.
As our business grows internationally, we’re seeking new people who share our values and work ethic. We especially want to encourage more diversity in our teams, that is why we are making it a priority to create a more inclusive company for our people to thrive in and be proud of, to work with our clients to produce diverse work with the power to effect change, and to collaborate with our communities to mould a more equitable society.
Want to find out more about us? www.wundermanthompsoncommerce.com
- Wunderman Thompson Commerce is creating a new service offer – now known as 'Everymile'
- Everymile is a new business model, developed to help brands deliver world class ecommerce experiences without any of the challenges
- We will build and run the entire end to end commerce capabilities – everything from generating online demand, website build and design, through to logistics, returns and customer care
- Clients partner with us on a simple ‘share of success’ model – we take a % share of the revenue we successfully generate for clients
- This is a fully managed service – we provide everything needed to deliver and provide a single point of ownership for clients
- Unlike other services in the market, clients get to benefit from a truly collaborative partnership with ‘Commerce as a Service’, which delivers further value for their business
- We believe this service will be particularly relevant for those clients that don’t have in-house commerce capabilities, or where commerce is not the core strength of the business
What we're looking for:
We are looking for an innovative, future-focused Solutions Development Manager to lead the continuous improvement and evolution of the Everymile Supply Chain proposition for our current and prospective clients. As an early member of the team, you will be a key contributor to our proposition development, involved in supporting initial client onboarding and working closely with our third party logistics partner to identify process and efficiency improvements throughout the end-to-end supply chain.
This will be achieved through conducting analysis of supply chain data, modelling future scenarios, liaising with our third party logistics partners, market research, solution development and producing actionable insights for the direction of our client proposition. You will need to understand systems and flows, and prioritize design improvements to yield the maximum ROI.
You will be required to work closely with our clients and our internal delivery teams (Trading, Customer Service, Product & Technology) to ensure our solutions meet the business requirements and are delivered to Everymile principles, standards and best practices, including sustainability.
As an early member of the team, you will be key in the solution development and strategic direction. As our client base grows, you will have the opportunity to build a team of engaged and enthusiastic individuals, who you will coach to help you to build and deliver value to our clients.
What you’ll be doing:
- Working closely with the Supply Chain proposition owner to influence the overall proposition strategy and roadmap, acting as a key stakeholder and SME
- Maintaining continuous improvement roadmap and business case (including scalability and profitability projections)
- Identifying our process and offering improvements across the end-to-end supply chain
- Benchmarking of competitor proposition and evolution in customer behaviour
- Programme implementation and change management
- Assessing new client onboarding requirements, including changes to current processes and scalability opportunities
Who you are:
- Excellent communicator and presenter across all levels of the organization in order to drive and deliver meaningful change
- Self-starter with strong analytical and organizational skills as well as the ability to prioritize multiple tasks
- Goal oriented with an ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment
- Ability to work autonomously with an innovative mindset and ‘can do’ attitude
What you'll need:
- 4+ years' experience working within strategy/planning, preferably within a supply chain setting (eCommerce will be considered)
- A Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Logistics or Engineering, or equivalent work experience within logistics or eCommerce
- English fluency based in the UK
- Deep knowledge and understanding of supply chain and logistics systems, specifically their output and impact in an operational environment
- Previous experience utilising, and in depth knowledge of, best practice continuous improvement methodologies (e.g. Six Sigma, Lean Six Sigma)
- Previous experience leading and delivering business improvements, managing successful small to medium change projects, benefits modelling and solution design for business improvement projects would be highly advantageous
- Previous experience working for a start-up in the eCommerce, logistics or luxury retail environment would be highly advantageous
KPI's and Monitoring:
- Standard ESG and sustainability reporting
- Customer satisfaction performance (e.g. CSAT, NPS) relating to fulfillment
- Operational cost savings
What you'll get from us:
No two days are the same, the scale and diversity of work keeps us energised and there is no shortage of new opportunity. In amongst this, we’re also always searching for ways to do things better, and how to grow our transformation and indeed, disruption, opportunities with clients.
The health and wellbeing of our employees is high on our agenda, so you’ll be able to join wellness activities such as weekly yoga and take advantage of our benefits including private health care, Employee Assistance Programme and cycle-to-work scheme.
At Wunderman Thompson, we are committed to actively building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and heard, and is treated with dignity and respect. As leaders and creative partners across industries, it is our responsibility to cultivate an environment reflective of our greatest asset; our people. We believe that this commitment inspires growth and delivers equitable outcomes for everyone as well as the clients and communities we serve.