Solution Development Manager - Supply Chain
Solution Development Manager - Supply Chain
Location: London, United Kingdom
Who we are:
At Wunderman Thompson we exist to inspire growth for ambitious brands. Part creative agency, part consultancy and part technology company, our experts provide end-to-end capabilities at a global scale to deliver inspiration across the entire brand and customer experience.
We are 20,000 strong in 90 markets around the world; our people bring together creative storytelling, diverse perspectives, inclusive thinking, and highly specialized vertical capabilities to drive growth for our clients. We offer deep expertise across the entire customer journey, including communications, commerce, consultancy, CRM, CX, data, production, and technology.
WPP is the global leader in marketing and communications services and one of the world’s largest creative transformation companies.
WPP has created a start-up in the end-to-end Commerce space, Everymile. We are building out a business with a ground-breaking offering that none of our Agency Network competitors have managed to launch into yet.
Within Everymile, we are leveraging WPP’s strength in consumer demand generation, best in class commerce technologies and leading external partnerships to deliver for clients a fully managed commerce service. The service will incorporate the design, build and operation of omni channel digital commerce; everything from website development to supply chain and fulfilment.
Want to find out more about us? www.everymilecommerce.com
What we're looking for:
We are looking for an innovative, future-focused Solutions Development Manager to lead the continuous improvement and evolution of the Everymile Supply Chain proposition for our current and prospective clients. As an early member of the team, you will be a key contributor to our proposition development, involved in supporting initial client onboarding and working closely with our third party logistics partner to identify process and efficiency improvements throughout the end-to-end supply chain.
This will be achieved through conducting analysis of supply chain data, modelling future scenarios, liaising with our third party logistics partners, market research, solution development and producing actionable insights for the direction of our client proposition. You will need to understand systems and flows, and prioritize design improvements to yield the maximum ROI.
You will be required to work closely with our clients and our internal delivery teams (Trading, Customer Service, Product & Technology) to ensure our solutions meet the business requirements and are delivered to Everymile principles, standards and best practices, including sustainability.
As an early member of the team, you will be key in the solution development and strategic direction. As our client base grows, you will have the opportunity to build a team of engaged and enthusiastic individuals, who you will coach to help you to build and deliver value to our clients.
What you’ll be doing:
- Working closely with the Supply Chain proposition owner to influence the overall proposition strategy and roadmap, acting as a key stakeholder and SME
- Maintaining continuous improvement roadmap and business case (including scalability and profitability projections)
- Identifying our process and offering improvements across the end-to-end supply chain
- Benchmarking of competitor proposition and evolution in customer behaviour
- Programme implementation and change management
- Assessing new client onboarding requirements, including changes to current processes and scalability opportunities
Who you are:
- Excellent communicator and presenter across all levels of the organization in order to drive and deliver meaningful change
- Self-starter with strong analytical and organizational skills as well as the ability to prioritize multiple tasks
- Goal oriented with an ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment
- Ability to work autonomously with an innovative mindset and ‘can do’ attitude
What you'll need:
- 5+ years' experience working within strategy/planning, preferably within a supply chain setting (eCommerce will be considered)
- A Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Logistics or Engineering, or equivalent work experience within logistics or eCommerce
- English fluency based in the UK
- Deep knowledge and understanding of supply chain and logistics systems, specifically their output and impact in an operational environment
- Previous experience utilising, and in depth knowledge of, best practice continuous improvement methodologies (e.g. Six Sigma, Lean Six Sigma)
- Previous experience leading and delivering business improvements, managing successful small to medium change projects, benefits modelling and solution design for business improvement projects would be highly advantageous
- Previous experience working for a start-up in the eCommerce, logistics or luxury retail environment would be highly advantageous
KPI's and Monitoring:
- Standard ESG and sustainability reporting
- Customer satisfaction performance (e.g. CSAT, NPS) relating to fulfillment
- Operational cost savings
What you'll get from us:
No two days are the same, the scale and diversity of work keeps us energised and there is no shortage of new opportunity. In amongst this, we’re also always searching for ways to do things better, and how to grow our transformation and indeed, disruption, opportunities with clients.
The health and wellbeing of our employees is high on our agenda, so you’ll be able to join wellness activities such as weekly yoga and take advantage of our benefits including private health care, Employee Assistance Programme and cycle-to-work scheme.
At Wunderman Thompson, we are committed to actively building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and heard, and is treated with dignity and respect. As leaders and creative partners across industries, it is our responsibility to cultivate an environment reflective of our greatest asset; our people. We believe that this commitment inspires growth and delivers equitable outcomes for everyone as well as the clients and communities we serve.