Assistant Accountant (12 Month FTC)
Assistant Accountant (12 Month FTC)
Location: London, United Kingdom
Who we are:
At Wunderman Thompson we exist to inspire growth for ambitious brands. Part creative agency, part consultancy and part technology company, our experts provide end-to-end capabilities at a global scale to deliver inspiration across the entire brand and customer experience.
We are 20,000 strong in 90 markets around the world; our people bring together creative storytelling, diverse perspectives, inclusive thinking, and highly specialized vertical capabilities to drive growth for our clients. We offer deep expertise across the entire customer journey, including communications, commerce, consultancy, CRM, CX, data, production, and technology.
About Cloud Commerce:
Cloud Commerce Group was recently acquired by WPP and is a quickly expanding digital ecommerce business with a portfolio of products aimed at helping small online retailers sell more, through their websites and other platforms such as Amazon and eBay. With an employee-centric focus and rapid growth in the sector, the company has huge options for career progression and a fantastic work ethos.
The company has office space in both Manchester and Lancaster, however due to the global pandemic, it is also possible to work remotely.
- Wunderman Thompson Commerce is creating a new service offer – now known as 'Everymile'
- Everymile is a new business model, developed to help brands deliver world class ecommerce experiences without any of the challenges
- We will build and run the entire end to end commerce capabilities – everything from generating online demand, website build and design, through to logistics, returns and customer care
- Clients partner with us on a simple ‘share of success’ model – we take a % share of the revenue we successfully generate for clients
- This is a fully managed service – we provide everything needed to deliver and provide a single point of ownership for clients
- Unlike other services in the market, clients get to benefit from a truly collaborative partnership with ‘Commerce as a Service’, which delivers further value for their business
- We believe this service will be particularly relevant for those clients that don’t have in-house commerce capabilities, or where commerce is not the core strength of the business
What we're looking for:
We are looking for an innovative, future-focused Systems Accountant who will be responsible for recording and maintaining the company’s financial transactions, such as purchases and sales invoices, and payments. You will record financial data into general ledgers, which are used to produce the balance sheet and income statement.
What you'll be doing:
- Invoicing customers based on approved sales quotations.
- Setting up cards/direct debits for new customer accounts.
- Leading the review of customer accounts in the Company’s accounting system to ensure that details are maintained in line with the internal control framework.
- Daily processing of payments from customer’s cards via payment gateways such as Sage pay/Stripe and GoCardless; initiating direct debit payments via customer invoices and importing new mandates into the company’s accounting system.
- Importing and reconciling the previous days transactions to customer accounts.
- Working closely with the customer servicing team and management to resolve any invoice discrepancies.
- Credit Control: assisting the customer servicing teams in chasing for outstanding invoices, updating customer card/direct debit details for payments and if required passing aged debt to our debt collection agency/creating a claim to small claims.
- Recording and processing customer cancellations in line with the internal control set up by the Company’s Finance Controller
- Inputting supplier invoices to Company’s accounting system
- Lead the review of supplier accounts in the Company’s accounting system to ensure that details are maintained in line with the internal control framework.
- Preparing weekly payments to process/line up in the Company’s accounting system and in the bank.
- Taking the lead for resolving supplier queries.
- Processing supplier credits in line with the internal control set up by the Company’s Finance Controller.
- Reconciling supplier payments in the Company’s accounting system and identify/obtain missing invoices.
HR & Payroll:
- Assisting the Finance Controller in keeping employees’ details up to date to process payroll.
- Assisting the Finance Controller in preparing individual employee’s monthly pay runs.
- Ad-Hoc responsibilities when required such as cover for absent colleagues and other minor administrative duties.
Who you are:
- Hardworking with excellent attention to detail,
- Demonstration of the highest level of integrity and trust,
- Friendly and able to work independently and manage time effectively to meet individual goals and deadlines.
What you'll need:
- Ability to read and interpret accounting rules and guidance as well as perform research and conduct investigations as necessary.
- Previous working experience in Accounting (Accounts assistant, Accounts admin etc.), AAT Level 2 or equivalent preferred.
- Interest in IT and Technology.
- Excellent computer skills (able to use multiple CRM and Billing systems).
- A thorough understanding of the general ledger structure.
What you'll get from us:
No two days are the same, the scale and diversity of work keeps us energised and there is no shortage of new opportunity. In amongst this, we’re also always searching for ways to do things better, and how to grow our transformation and indeed, disruption, opportunities with clients.
The health and wellbeing of our employees is high on our agenda, so you’ll be able to join wellness activities such as weekly yoga and take advantage of our benefits including private health care, Employee Assistance Programme and cycle-to-work scheme.
At Wunderman Thompson, we are committed to actively building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and heard, and is treated with dignity and respect. As leaders and creative partners across industries, it is our responsibility to cultivate an environment reflective of our greatest asset; our people. We believe that this commitment inspires growth and delivers equitable outcomes for everyone as well as the clients and communities we serve.