Finance Analyst (Temp)
Finance Analyst (Temp)
Location: London, United Kingdom
Who we are:
At Wunderman Thompson we exist to inspire growth for ambitious brands. Part creative agency, part consultancy and part technology company, our experts provide end-to-end capabilities at a global scale to deliver inspiration across the entire brand and customer experience.
We are 20,000 strong in 90 markets around the world; our people bring together creative storytelling, diverse perspectives, inclusive thinking, and highly specialized vertical capabilities to drive growth for our clients. We offer deep expertise across the entire customer journey, including communications, commerce, consultancy, CRM, CX, data, production, and technology.
What we're looking for:
We are looking for a Finance Analyst on a temporary basis across our EMEA region. You will have direct oversight of the group reporting for a number of key EMEA markets and ensure integrity of financial reporting and in accordance with WPP policies and IFRS. You will also liaise with the global finance team on reporting matters.
What you’ll be doing:
- Review with the markets monthly, quarterly and annual submissions including budgets, forecasts and client profitability.
- Build knowledge of the markets including business issues and perform risk-based financial analysis.
- Support Controllers and Finance Manager’s with areas of the EMEA reporting and compliance process for the whole region.
- Technical accounting support for markets and special projects
- Produce management reports for markets and senior members of the team.
- Support markets with their SOX compliance and ensure compliance at a regional level.
- Adhoc projects for EMEA Directors, Controllers and Managers
Who you are:
- Energetic and practical approach, with good attention to detail
- Analytical, critical, organizational skills
- Good team player, confident, with a sense of humour
- Clear and effective communicator
- Strong work ethics & highly committed to the success of the team, region and company
What you'll need:
- ACA / CIMA / ACCA: part, or fully, qualified
- Relevant degree with 5 years+ work experience
- International experience and other European languages will be an advantage
- Business analysis experience is medium or large international organisation
- Advanced Excel skills (ability to write Macros and Power BI will be advantage)
- Use of a consolidation tool such as Cartesis / SAP BFC
- Experience in risk & compliance (ideally SOX)
- Strong accounting experience in IFRS, management accounting, analytical and process review.
- Proven ability to form strong relationships with colleagues
- Proven ability to learn quickly
What you'll get from us:
No two days are the same, the scale and diversity of work keeps us energised and there is no shortage of new opportunity. In amongst this, we’re also always searching for ways to do things better, and how to grow our transformation and indeed, disruption, opportunities with clients.
The health and wellbeing of our employees is high on our agenda, so you’ll be able to join wellness activities such as weekly yoga and take advantage of our benefits including private health care, Employee Assistance Programme and cycle-to-work scheme.
At Wunderman Thompson, we are committed to actively building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and heard, and is treated with dignity and respect. As leaders and creative partners across industries, it is our responsibility to cultivate an environment reflective of our greatest asset; our people. We believe that this commitment inspires growth and delivers equitable outcomes for everyone as well as the clients and communities we serve.