Chief Technology Officer APAC
Chief Technology Officer APAC
Location: Singapore, Singapore
Who we are:
At Wunderman Thompson we exist to inspire growth for ambitious brands. Part creative agency, part consultancy and part technology company, our experts provide end-to-end capabilities at a global scale to deliver inspiration across the entire brand and customer experience.
We are 20,000 strong in 90 markets around the world; our people bring together creative storytelling, diverse perspectives, inclusive thinking, and highly specialized vertical capabilities to drive growth for our clients. We offer deep expertise across the entire customer journey, including communications, commerce, consultancy, CRM, CX, data, production, and technology.
Wunderman Thompson is looking for a Chief Technology Officer to be the strategic technology lead covering 14 markets and overseeing 1,000 technologist across the Asia Pacific region. In this role, you’ll form part of our senior regional leadership team, bringing insights, trends and opportunities emerging around the use of technology, you’ll show the art of the possible to the worlds leading brands, and bring together technology specialists from across the group to create multi-disciplinary teams that act as partners to our clients. Your role will be balanced between technical, commercial, relationship and operational focus.
What you’ll do
Wunderman Thompson is looking for a technology leader with a passion for thought leadership and a wealth of experience strategically advising businesses across wide ranging industries on staying ahead in the constantly evolving digital landscape. Your full breadth of technology experience will extend to creative and experiential technologies. You will provide strategic advice to senior stakeholders that is honest and agnostic ensuring that we are a trusted partner known for creating value.
- Expertise - Be the agency voice of expertise and trused advisor across the evolving digital experience landscape, with a point of view in recommending solutions to improve the integration of digital solutions to achieve client goals and objectives. You will provide thought leadership in areas of marketing technology: web and mobile, content management, digital asset management, marketing automation, personalization, analytics, creative technology, AR/VR, web 3.0 and eCommerce.
- Business Development – Work alongside our client account teams to identify and grow the technology opportunity pipeline in our existing client base, as well as responding to new business though client chemistry meetings, RFP submissions, pitch presentations, and deal negotiations.
- Community – Lead and bring together the regional technology community, establishing formal communication channels, fostering knowledge sharing, and encouraging collaboration. You will help define and shape a scalable organisation structure across the region, define skills development needs, establish tools and process, whilst being a coach and mentor to both direct and indirect reports.
- Capability development - You will shape our technology offering by identifying areas of investment across people, products, and services. This includes establishment of technology Centres of Excellence (CoE) and defining their go-to-market strategies, as well as identifying opportunities for mergers and acquisitions that bolster and enhance our existing technology footprint.
- Evangelism - Ensure our technology capabilities are able to be brought to our clients in a clear and understandable service offering. Raise the visibility of our broad technology capabilities as part of a full service offering, including showcasing our capabilities with thought leadership editorial pieces, presenting at partner and industry events, and raising brand awareness with our marketing team.
- Clients – As the executive sponsor for technology implementations, you will be the point of escalation for both clients and delivery teams in guiding and resolving marketing technology challenges while successfully mapping the client organization and creating a plan for building multitier relationships.
- Partnerships - You will nurture relationships with our top strategic vendor partners in understanding their product roadmaps, facilitate training and enablement of our teams, and actively look for opportunities to collaborate on new business together.
Who you are
As the most senior technology leader within our regional team, you are passionate about how technology can not only fuel growth for organisations, but also be a catalyst for bringing positive change in peoples lives. You are confident and able to hold relationships with the most senior of stakeholders, be a role model for your team members, and able to articulate the value proposition of our technology, commerce, and CRM offerings.
- A proven technology leader with 15+ years professional experience in digital marketing technology, consultancy, or systems integration bringing together large scale distributed teams
- Strong understanding of a broad set of technologies across Content, Commerce, CRM, Cloud, and Data, to emerging experiences such as Chatbots, Voice UI, AR/VR and blockchain.
- A confident presenter to internal and external audiences in multiple contexts from account updates and company-wide knowledge sharing, new business pitches to showcasing emerging ideas and insights in industry forums
- High level of communication, interpersonal and presentation skills that allow you to bridge the gap between technology and business. You should be comfortable conversing across the organisation including CMO, COO, and CTO alike in articulating how technology drives business outcomes, while adjusting your communication style so it’s appropriate for the audience,
- Proven track record in supporting the pre-sales efforts and subsequent successful end to end delivery market leading digital client experiences / programmes of work
- A strong strategic thinker with experience guiding customers through complexity towards a roadmap for technology, responding to customer needs and articulating solutions to both technical and non-technical stakeholders including those at executive level
- Contributed to the operational success of businesses (including improving ways of working, budget management, contract management etc). Commercially astute with experience in team sizing, project estimation and various commercial models
- Ability to work collaboratively across functions, business divisions, as well as cultural and geographical locations. Utilised both waterfall and agile methodologies in project delivery and conversant at guiding stakeholders on the benefits of agile ways of working.
For this role, we are open to consider candidates in any location where we have offices in APAC.
At Wunderman Thompson, we are committed to actively building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and heard, and is treated with dignity and respect. As leaders and creative partners across industries, it is our responsibility to cultivate an environment reflective of our greatest asset; our people. We believe that this commitment inspires growth and delivers equitable outcomes for everyone as well as the clients and communities we serve.