Department: Client Services
Location: Saint Louis, MO, United States
Who we are:
At Wunderman Thompson we exist to inspire growth for ambitious brands. Part creative agency, part consultancy and part technology company, our experts provide end-to-end capabilities at a global scale to deliver inspiration across the entire brand and customer experience.
We are 20,000 strong in 90 markets around the world; our people bring together creative storytelling, diverse perspectives, inclusive thinking, and highly specialized vertical capabilities to drive growth for our clients. We offer deep expertise across the entire customer journey, including communications, commerce, consultancy, CRM, CX, data, production, and technology.
Who we are looking for:
Wunderman Thompson is seeking an Account Supervisor in our St. Louis office. The Account Supervisor is responsible for supporting the Account Director in the overall management, growth and profitability for an account or group of accounts and represents the Agency at the client level. The Account Supervisor should possess the ability to operate independently and speak for the Account Director as directed. He/she/they also works closely with the Program Manager to intake and manage client requests and timely delivery.
What you’ll do:
- Leadership | Works with clients to uncover growth opportunities, business needs and objectives, develops appropriate strategies, and identifies/implements solutions to help achieve client goals; Possesses a full understanding of Wunderman Thompson capabilities, success factors and profitability measures; Provides account team leadership, and conveys the specific requirements for multi-functional support to the appropriate functional management on a timely basis; Work with SME teams within the agency to define and influence the client’s requirements in order to develop proposals and secure additional business; Develops or assist Account Director with project charters; Coordinates activities across large scale, complex marketing projects with multiple dependencies, restrictive timelines and risks; Works closely with the PMO to ensure delivery of all campaigns
- Client Relationships | Meet onsite with the client to develop strategy, present concepts and manage performance; Understand client’s business and generate solutions to enhance client performance; Deliver key presentations to small and large groups within the client organization; Build trust, credibility, and collaboration; Participate in quarterly agency review meetings and campaign readouts
- Manage | Monitor workflow across account team and SMEs to ensure efficient delegation of projects; Communicate and educate internal teams on client updates such as product and brand issues; Build solid, trusted relationships with team members, clients, and industry thought leaders; Where applicable, work with other client agency partners for joint deliverables and dependencies; May have direct reports; Helps to manage the overall client/account profitability ensuring responsible financial management and delivery of account profit expectations
Who you are:
- A builder | Entrepreneurial attitude coupled with a strong business acumen. Ability and appetite to create bring people together. Innate ability to marshal people and create gravity around ideas. A self-starter.
- Open and collaborative | Our team is close-knit and supportive and we’re working with a lot of unknowns – you must champion of team environments that are comfortable and encouraging.
- Optimistic and resilient | Dig in and figure out how to work around problems. Yes and why not posture. Takes care of self and team. Balance needed to maintain stamina and positivity.
- Ego-less | we all wear the hats that need wearing, it’s a mentality that makes the team successful.
What you’ll need:
- 10+ years of related industry experience, preferably omni-channel healthcare marketing
- Demonstrated track record of client relationship development and service
- Proven experience working cross-functionally within an organization
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Experience in professional client relationship management and background in agency management
- The ability to plan and strategize at a senior level
- A persuasive and confident approach to client presentations, results and agency reviews
- Excellent written, oral communication and presentation skills
- A keen attention to detail and budgetary restraints
- Full awareness of creative processes and techniques – including digital platforms
Wunderman Thompson is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and to attracting and retaining the most qualified employees regardless of race, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, veteran status, or other protected class.
At Wunderman Thompson, we are committed to actively building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and heard, and is treated with dignity and respect. As leaders and creative partners across industries, it is our responsibility to cultivate an environment reflective of our greatest asset; our people. We believe that this commitment inspires growth and delivers equitable outcomes for everyone as well as the clients and communities we serve.