Director of Technology
Director of Technology
Location: Atlanta, GA, United States
Who we are:
At Wunderman Thompson we exist to inspire growth for ambitious brands. Part creative agency, part consultancy and part technology company, our experts provide end-to-end capabilities at a global scale to deliver inspiration across the entire brand and customer experience.
We are 20,000 strong in 90 markets around the world; our people bring together creative storytelling, diverse perspectives, inclusive thinking, and highly specialized vertical capabilities to drive growth for our clients. We offer deep expertise across the entire customer journey, including communications, commerce, consultancy, CRM, CX, data, production, and technology.
Who we are looking for:
We are seeking a Director of Technology to play a central role in bringing our development capability to life in support of the development of digital marketing platforms for our major clients. This specific role has a focus on new development while laying the framework for the future development and maintenance of both new, and long-standing clients.
You have a desire to work in the creative technology services industry with a passion for operational excellence. You think big but have the marks of a problem solver and an obvious attention to detail and organization. You have strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to collaborate with technical and non-technical peers. You’re at home when you are working with new technology, frameworks, and systems.
A note about remote work:
This is a remote-optional opportunity with available capacity for in-office or hybrid style working ability. Our offices remain open, though we are primarily operating in a remote capacity.
What you'll do:
Lead | Oversee delivery of marketing technology services to clients. Advocate and reinforce a sound delivery process and measurement strategy.
Find Solutions | Act as the point of escalation for technology team and clients in resolving marketing technology issues while successfully mapping the client organization and creating a plan for building multi-tier relationships. Guide customers through solution deployment while leading internal team members.
Innovate | Establish scalable team organization structure and development plans while providing solid coaching and mentoring existing talent. Represent our technology practice in new business endeavors and pitches.
Collaborate | Ideate across talented and diverse cross functional teams. Partner with leads for shaping hiring and resourcing decisions across the technology team.
Who you are:
- Big-Picture Thinker | A visionary with the ability and appetite to bring people together. Innate ability to marshal teams and create gravity around ideas.
- Agile | A jack of all trades equipped with a malleable, crafty scope of ability. A get-things-done attitude. An unparalleled drive of initiative.
- Forecaster | Able to tackle deadlines and special projects with ease. Detail oriented individual highly attuned to organizational best practices. Thrives in ambiguity with the confidence to make decisions that propel projects forward.
- Champion of Technology | Entrepreneurial attitude coupled with a strong technical acumen. An appreciator and master of the tech world who adheres to ethical standards.
What you'll need:
- 10+ years industry experience working in technology, with creative agency experience strongly preferred. Experience working on government accounts is a plus, specifically with Azure Gov Cloud.
- Expertise in migrating and re-platforming legacy IT systems.
- Knowledge of Appian or similar Enterprise Low-Code Application Platforms.
- Proven track record of big-picture strategic thinking around modern marketing capabilities and the associated technical infrastructure required for execution.
- Familiarity with or exposure to agency processes and workflows.
- Strong experience in Java, SQL, HTML, CSS, JS, and/or other development technologies.
- Understanding of OOP concepts, development patterns, computing complexity and algorithms.
- Strong problem-solving abilities and an aptitude for learning new technologies.
- Must possess interpersonal, group discussion, decision making, conflict resolution, and facilitation skills.
- Able to work with agency team, clients, project team, and vendors without issue.
- Familiarity with service models (IaaS, SaaS, FaaS, etc.)
- Strong organizational and prioritization skills.
- Self-motivated, creative and strong sense of accountability.
- Able to research new tools to recommend for advancement of projects.
At Wunderman Thompson, we are committed to actively building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and heard, and is treated with dignity and respect. As leaders and creative partners across industries, it is our responsibility to cultivate an environment reflective of our greatest asset; our people. We believe that this commitment inspires growth and delivers equitable outcomes for everyone as well as the clients and communities we serve.