Director Customer Experience Strategy
Director Customer Experience Strategy
Location: Antwerpen, Belgium
Who we are:
At Wunderman Thompson we exist to inspire growth for ambitious brands. Part creative agency, part consultancy and part technology company, our experts provide end-to-end capabilities at a global scale to deliver inspiration across the entire brand and customer experience.
We are 20,000 strong in 90 markets around the world; our people bring together creative storytelling, diverse perspectives, inclusive thinking, and highly specialized vertical capabilities to drive growth for our clients. We offer deep expertise across the entire customer journey, including communications, commerce, consultancy, CRM, CX, data, production, and technology.
Your main role is to develop and manage a wide variety of customer experience projects, both digital and IRL. You will combine research-driven methodologies with an empathetic and creative approach.
You will take the lead on CX projects for national and international clients. You are a thought leader who inspires clients and people within the agency, but are sufficiently hands-on to deliver projects with the team.
As Director Customer Experience Strategy you will lead a team of Service Designers and Strategic UX experts within the Strategy Department, working closely with Strategy Directors, Client Directors and Creative Directors.
- Be the strategic lead for several national and international clients.
- Identify opportunities and inspire clients and colleagues about design thinking, service design and user experience
- Understand client needs and propose the right project approach and a scope
- Guide or conduct qualitative user research to find relevant insights.
- Guide or develop personae, customer journeys, value propositions, business models, technology maps, customer experience strategies, communication strategies, including precise recommendations based on market opportunities.
- Present and discuss research, customer experience and service design concepts, and user experience strategies in meetings with existing and potential clients.
- Work closely with strategy, account management and creative teams to brainstorm ideas and ensure each approach is on strategy and shows creative bravery.
- Keep an eye on cultural and social trends relevant to the business, and ensure the strategy is relevant to local consumers.
- Strong client-facing skills.
- Experience with defining and discussing a project approach and scope
- Comprehensive understanding of customer experience strategy, digital strategy, design thinking and service design.
- Understanding of brand positioning and marketing communications.
- Experienced in developing customer experience and creative strategies.
- Experience with qualitative and design research, depth interviews, observation and shadowing as well as quantitative research.
- Ability to present ideas clearly and concisely.
- Show thought leadership, by writing and/or presenting trends, ideas and vision.
- Experience in working closely with both strategy, account and creative teams.
- Successful track-record of managing multiple client assignments simultaneously.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Fluent in English in addition to Dutch or French
- Straightforward and direct.
- Clear communicator.
- Focused on collaboration and idea sharing.
- Builds to consensus.
- Fair and respectful.
- Active listener.
- Open to people and new ideas.
- Pursues personal growth by embracing challenges.
- 3+ years’ experience in a similar role.
- 7+ years’ relevant experience in customer experience design, service design or marketing strategy.
At Wunderman Thompson, we are committed to actively building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and heard, and is treated with dignity and respect. As leaders and creative partners across industries, it is our responsibility to cultivate an environment reflective of our greatest asset; our people. We believe that this commitment inspires growth and delivers equitable outcomes for everyone as well as the clients and communities we serve.