Human Resources Director
Human Resources Director
Location: Minneapolis, MN, United States
Who we are:
At Wunderman Thompson we exist to inspire growth for ambitious brands. Part creative agency, part consultancy and part technology company, our experts provide end-to-end capabilities at a global scale to deliver inspiration across the entire brand and customer experience.
We are 20,000 strong in 90 markets around the world; our people bring together creative storytelling, diverse perspectives, inclusive thinking, and highly specialized vertical capabilities to drive growth for our clients. We offer deep expertise across the entire customer journey, including communications, commerce, consultancy, CRM, CX, data, production, and technology.
Who we are looking for:
Wunderman Thompson is seeking a Director, Human Resources to provide expertise and support across a broad range of human resources practices. This is a hands-on role that will drive and implement culture initiatives and people programs, while always working to improve the employee experience. This position will also play a vital role in creating an inclusive and learning environment for everyone as a key strategy for engagement and growth.
What you’ll do:
- Supervise | Manages the goal setting, performance and compensation review process. Works with managers to drive higher performance and people development. Manages workplace issues to include disciplinary actions in compliance with applicable federal, state and local employment related regulations.
- Advise | Provide strategic HR advice and counsel in alignment with policy to executives, managers, and staff.
- Conduct | Manages the new hire, exit process and transition plans. Conducts feedback sessions and analyzes employee engagement survey results to gain insights on morale.
- Encourage | Supports people programs around career development. Identifies learning opportunities and support training initiatives. Develops recognition strategies and administers programs that celebrate/engage our people, builds positive workplace culture and fosters a collaborative environment. Supports talent mobility and transfers.
- Champion | Helps to drive and champion inclusion, equity and diversity programs and support pipelining efforts.
- Audit | Coordinates with HR operations team to ensure correct processing of new hires, terms, leaves and other change in status. Ensures accuracy of employee data and keep employee files current. Supports employees with leave requests and track time off. Assists with general questions around benefits, open enrollment, policies and procedures.
Who you are:
- Problem Solver | A creative visionary with the appetite to craft solutions and put them into action. Innate ability to create gravity around ideas.
- Doer | A get-things-done attitude with an unparalleled drive of initiative.
- Genuine | Displays discretion, diplomacy, understanding and a high level of professionalism. Positive, humorous and a natural collaborator.
- Ahead of the Curve | A champion of the human resources world who garners knowledge of employment trends to ensure HR practices maintain compliance.
What you’ll need:
- Minimum of 7-10 years of experience in a Human Resources/People/Talent role is required.
- Experience working in a digital or advertising agency is required.
- Must have strong working knowledge of state and federal employment laws and regulations.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Thrives in a fast-paced and changing environment. Requires minimal supervision.
- Informal and people-centric approach to work and getting things done.
- Able to quickly establish credibility with the staff and senior managers.
- Persuasive, proactive, strong presence, unpretentious, unquestionable integrity.
- Commitment to excellence and to having fun.
- Must possess a desire to be the very best.
What we offer:
- Passionate, driven people | We champion a culture of people that do extraordinary work.
- Consciously cultivated culture | We aim to embody the behaviors to build an inclusive community that is in it together, bringing both positivity and active listening into the workplace as we simultaneously strive to empower creative bravery.
- Competitive benefits | What we offer full time hires ranges from the full spectrum of group health coverage options (medical, dental, vision) to a generous 401k match (100% dollar-for-dollar match, up to 5% of salary contribution), and a variety of paid time off offerings that reflect our investment in all aspects of your overall life balance and wellness.
- Growth-minded opportunities | We aim to nurture a culture of real-time feedback, growth-oriented mindset, and plenty of training opportunities through Wunderman Thompson and WPP, so you can continue to grow personally and professionally.
Wunderman Thompson is an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, military/veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability, or other protected group status. We believe in creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion and strives to recruit a diverse slate of candidates to help us achieve that goal.
At Wunderman Thompson, we are committed to actively building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and heard, and is treated with dignity and respect. As leaders and creative partners across industries, it is our responsibility to cultivate an environment reflective of our greatest asset; our people. We believe that this commitment inspires growth and delivers equitable outcomes for everyone as well as the clients and communities we serve.