Location: New York, NY, United States
Who we are:
At Wunderman Thompson we exist to inspire growth for ambitious brands. Part creative agency, part consultancy and part technology company, our experts provide end-to-end capabilities at a global scale to deliver inspiration across the entire brand and customer experience.
We are 20,000 strong in 90 markets around the world; our people bring together creative storytelling, diverse perspectives, inclusive thinking, and highly specialized vertical capabilities to drive growth for our clients. We offer deep expertise across the entire customer journey, including communications, commerce, consultancy, CRM, CX, data, production, and technology.
Who we are looking for:
Wunderman Thompson is seeking a Copywriter. They are responsible for generating and developing concepts and ideas that meet and exceed the requirements of the brief. With a proven ability to translate marketing strategy into compelling creative concepts, the copywriter ensures that client's goals are met when developing and executing ideas. They participate in all aspects of a project from concept development through preparing copy deliverables in all channels, ensuring that the work is consistent with a brand’s voice and tone.
What you’ll do:
- Collaborate | Work collaboratively with designers, art directors, UX, CX and other creative team members to generate concepts that meet and exceed the requirements of the creative brief.
- Drive Creativity | Create and communicate engaging social media posts across channels by applying brand level awareness informed by larger campaign tactics. Develop the written tone and feel of messaging while conforming to the brand voice. Offer strategic and innovative solutions, add/contribute to client meetings, present creative work. Secure approval for work from the creative team leaders. Create other campaign work as assigned.
- Participate | Deliver presentations to project team members, senior Creatives and clients.
Who you are:
- Open and collaborative | Our team is close-knit and supportive and we’re working with a lot of unknowns – you must be a champion of team environments that are comfortable and encouraging, especially working cross-discipline.
- Optimistic and resilient | Dig in and figure out how to work around problems. Provide a balance needed to maintain stamina and positivity.
- Ego-less | We all wear the hats that need wearing, it’s a mentality that makes the team successful.
What you’ll need:
- Minimum 2 years of experience copywriting in an agency environment.
- An exceptional copywriting portfolio website.
- Grammatically competent and literate.
- Articulate in discussing, debating and presenting ideas.
- Experience across a variety of consumer touch points.
- A desire to create award-winning work.
- Conceptual thinking and ability to deliver a point-of-view about the work.
- Proven ability to work in a team environment with visual creatives, account and production.
- Ability to accept constructive internal and/or client comments with regard to concepts and copy.
What we offer:
- Passionate, driven people | We champion a culture of people that do extraordinary work.
- Consciously cultivated culture | We aim to embody the behaviors to build an inclusive community that is in it together, bringing both positivity and active listening into the workplace as we simultaneously strive to empower creative bravery.
- Competitive benefits | What we offer full time hires ranges from the full spectrum of group health coverage options (medical, dental, vision) to a generous 401k match (100% dollar-for-dollar match, up to 5% of salary contribution), and a variety of paid time off offerings that reflect our investment in all aspects of your overall life balance and wellness.
- Growth-minded opportunities | We aim to nurture a culture of real-time feedback, growth-oriented mindset, and plenty of training opportunities through Wunderman Thompson and WPP, so you can continue to grow personally and professionally.
Wunderman Thompson is an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, military/veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability, or other protected group status. We believe in creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion and strives to recruit a diverse slate of candidates to help us achieve that goal.
At Wunderman Thompson, we are committed to actively building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and heard, and is treated with dignity and respect. As leaders and creative partners across industries, it is our responsibility to cultivate an environment reflective of our greatest asset; our people. We believe that this commitment inspires growth and delivers equitable outcomes for everyone as well as the clients and communities we serve.