Creative Director, Copy
Creative Director, Copy
Location: New York, NY, United States
Who we are:
Who we are looking for:
Wunderman Thompson is seeking a brilliant Creative Director, Copy to join our world class creative team. A conceptual thinker who can write manifestos, long form, and headlines. You should be able to work independently as well as collaboratively – owning a project without any handholding needed. Excellent client and presentation skills expected. You should be able to work and lead, owning an array of client projects. Excellent client relationship and presentation skills are expected.
We’re looking for someone who can do the job, and then surprise us with something we’ve never thought of. A one-two punch of confidence and inspiration. Someone who possesses a talent for transforming great ideas into award-winning creative and has a passion for visual storytelling. We are looking for a Creative leader who enjoys selling their ideas as much as they love crafting them.
What you’ll do:
- Process | Proficiently write in diverse copy styles across a range of assignments. You’ll analyze problems, anticipate consequences, and eliminate obstacles to successfully complete projects. Concept and collaborate on campaign ideas and digital tactics with a creative team while working on multiple projects. Mange and prioritize projects within timelines for project milestones.
- Work | Craft original concepts, execute copy based on established voice/tone, and collaborate with mid- and junior-level writers on copy execution.
- Grow | At Wunderman Thompson, learning new skills is something we take seriously, because when you grow, so do we. You’ll help drive your craft development, be inspired and inspire.
- People | Partner with the Group Creative Director to concept, write, present, and defend work while addressing client needs. You’ll collaborate with multidisciplinary teams across the agency to ensure timely deliverables.
Who you are:
- A Builder | Process-oriented innovator with an ability and appetite to create bring people together. Innate ability to marshal people (team and client) and create gravity around ideas.
- Open and collaborative | Our team is close-knit and supportive and we’re working with a lot of unknowns – you must be a champion of team environments that are comfortable and encouraging, especially working cross-discipline.
- Optimistic and resilient | Dig in and figure out how to work around problems. Provide a balance needed to maintain stamina and positivity.
- Ego-less | We all wear the hats that need wearing, it’s a mentality that makes the team successful.
What you’ll need:
- A minimum of 9 years of experience in creative direction, preferably in advertising or a related industry.
- Portfolio with successfully launched client projects on broadcast work, social, and everything in between.
- Outstanding portfolio showcasing digital and social platforms with strong conceptual thinking.
- Solid understanding of creative development—from drafting briefs to executing deliverables.
- Well-versed in scriptwriting and in crafting both short and long-form content.
- Ability to direct and mentor junior team members.
- Ability to handle a high-volume environment with rapid turnaround times and manage multiple tasks and project details.
- Practiced time management skills and a strong work ethic.
What we offer:
- Passionate, driven people | We champion a culture of people that do extraordinary work.
- Consciously cultivated culture | We aim to embody the behaviors to build an inclusive community that is in it together, bringing both positivity and active listening into the workplace as we simultaneously strive to empower creative bravery.
- Competitive benefits | What we offer full time hires ranges from the full spectrum of group health coverage options (medical, dental, vision) to a generous 401k match (100% dollar-for-dollar match, up to 5% of salary contribution), and a variety of paid time off offerings that reflect our investment in all aspects of your overall life balance and wellness.
- Growth-minded opportunities | We aim to nurture a culture of real-time feedback, growth-oriented mindset, and plenty of training opportunities through Wunderman Thompson and WPP, so you can continue to grow personally and professionally.
Wunderman Thompson is an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, military/veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability, or other protected group status. We believe in creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion and strives to recruit a diverse slate of candidates to help us achieve that goal.