Location: Seattle, WA, United States
Who we are:
At Wunderman Thompson we exist to inspire growth for ambitious brands. Part creative agency, part consultancy and part technology company, our experts provide end-to-end capabilities at a global scale to deliver inspiration across the entire brand and customer experience.
We are 20,000 strong in 90 markets around the world; our people bring together creative storytelling, diverse perspectives, inclusive thinking, and highly specialized vertical capabilities to drive growth for our clients. We offer deep expertise across the entire customer journey, including communications, commerce, consultancy, CRM, CX, data, production, and technology.
Who we are looking for:
Wunderman Thompson is seeking a VP, Strategy for our Seattle office. As VP, Strategy, you will be responsible for the direction and delivery of strategy work provided to our Microsoft clients. As a strategy leader, you will effectively leverage experience, knowledge, and skills to push fresh thinking and drive efficiency, excellence, and innovation. You will work with the strategy leadership team to inspire, educate, and optimize the strategy offering. You will also be responsible for leading a team of strategists and for growing the account for the agency.
What you’ll do:
- Demystify the work | Make simple the net new technologies and products and services that Microsoft continually develops. If it’s new and confusing, untangle it.
- Set the bar | Define what world class B2B and B2C communications look like for the client, then lead the development of programs, campaigns, brand-able tools, processes and strategies to execute on this vision; socialize this success to be recognized as leaders in the industry.
- Position WT as the expert | Advise clients with leading edge thinking, insights, and strategic advice in areas such as ABM, CX and connected, personalized consumer journeys, and cutting-edge technologies such as the metaverse.
- Create an engine of insights | Leverage the strong partnership with the VP, Consumer Insights and Analytics to build a steady pipeline of data and insights specifically for the client that will be essential to positioning WT as a trusted partner and expert in emerging topics.
- Partner and co-create | Assist in building Microsoft’s growth plan with the VP, Growth and Strategic Initiatives, the Global EVP, Client Leadership and the EVP, Strategy.
- Win | Drive net new revenue through new business, bringing new clients and opportunities to WT. Drive and write award-winning entries into the Effies, Cannes Lions, and Clio.
Who you are:
- Thought leader | A proven expert in research and strategic thinking, with the ability to write and champion strategies for global brands.
- Passionate | Possess an innate curiosity and drive to find compelling consumer insights.
- Innovative | Constantly search for new ways of constructing effective and inspiring strategies.
- Ambitious | Demonstrate an entrepreneurial attitude coupled with strong business acumen.
- Motivator | Provide inspiration and be a champion of careers by leading a team of smart and ambitious people.
What you’ll need:
- A minimum of 15 years of relevant experience in delivering strategy or consulting services to Fortune 500 clients, ideally in an agency environment.
- Thorough knowledge of the technology industry landscape.
- Mastery of the fundamentals of brand building and strategy, including experience developing integrated campaigns for complex brands and working with creatives to inspire, develop and pitch ideas.
- Ability to simplify the complex and tell streamlined and inspiring stories to the client, and coach your team to do the same.
- Experience with a broad range of modern strategies, including content, social, and CX.
- Experience leveraging data to develop insights and inform strategies.
- Proven success in managing, mentoring, and motivating healthy, high-performing teams.
- Ability to proactively identify challenges and opportunities across clients to grow and deepen agency relationships.
- Experience pitching new business opportunities.
- Compelling, engaging, and precise presenting and storytelling skills.
- Ability to thrive in a highly collaborative fast-paced environment and work in a matrix structure.
What we offer:
- Passionate, driven people |We champion a culture of people that do extraordinary work.
- Consciously cultivated culture |We aim to embody the behaviors to build an inclusive community that is in it together, bringing both positivity and active listening into the workplace as we simultaneously strive to empower creative bravery.
- Competitive benefits |What we offer full time hires ranges from the full spectrum of group health coverage options (medical, dental, vision) to a generous 401k match (100% dollar-for-dollar match, up to 5% of salary contribution), and a variety of paid time off offerings that reflect our investment in all aspects of your overall life balance and wellness.
- Growth-minded opportunities |We aim to nurture a culture of real-time feedback, growth-oriented mindset, and plenty of training opportunities through Wunderman Thompson and WPP, so you can continue to grow personally and professionally.
Wunderman Thompson is an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, military/veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability, or other protected group status. We believe in creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion and strives to recruit a diverse slate of candidates to help us achieve that goal.
At Wunderman Thompson, we are committed to actively building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and heard, and is treated with dignity and respect. As leaders and creative partners across industries, it is our responsibility to cultivate an environment reflective of our greatest asset; our people. We believe that this commitment inspires growth and delivers equitable outcomes for everyone as well as the clients and communities we serve.