Head of Digital Strategy
Head of Digital Strategy
Location: Johannesburg, South Africa
Who we are:
At Wunderman Thompson we exist to inspire growth for ambitious brands. Part creative agency, part consultancy and part technology company, our experts provide end-to-end capabilities at a global scale to deliver inspiration across the entire brand and customer experience.
We are 20,000 strong in 90 markets around the world; our people bring together creative storytelling, diverse perspectives, inclusive thinking, and highly specialized vertical capabilities to drive growth for our clients. We offer deep expertise across the entire customer journey, including communications, commerce, consultancy, CRM, CX, data, production, and technology.
Lead Strategist skilled in both communication strategy and digital strategy (10 years)
Experience spanning across multiple industries including financial services, telecommunications, technology, FMCG and retail as well as multi-regional strategic planning experience across Africa.
• Digital strategy translating lead agency communication strategies across the conversion funnel.
• Developed annual digital playbooks & campaign strategies together with roll-out plans, measurement & reporting.
• Developed Brand Positioning Strategies across a range of categories and industries
• Developed the Brand Architecture
• Develop multi-channel digital strategies
• Deep understanding of individual digital channels (SEO, SEM SMM) and how they all work together.
• Generate and lead all strategic and creative client workshops
• Specialist Understanding of Paid, owned & earned media, implementation, and optimisation tactics.
• Strong data background and associated qualifications and certificates
• Experience in digital, social & brand strategy and knowledge of how to leverage them to achieve marketing goals.
• Can clearly and persuasively communicate strategic recommendations to internal and external audiences with variable levels of understanding.
• Experience helping to lead integrated, multi-platform marketing campaigns.
• Understanding of KPIs and how best to measure success in brand, digital or social strategy.
• A grasp of how business, brands and consumers interact.
• Deep understanding of/ and experience in consumer research (qual & quant) and a grasp of a wide range of approaches. Facility with interpreting research, the difference between an observation and an insight, and how to best apply them to marketing strategies.
• Experience in synthesis of research and business data into insights and idea generation.
• Ability to collaborate with creative team in developing concepts and campaigns.
• Anticipates and develops solutions to client needs and problems.
Planning and Implementing:
• Brand Communications Strategy
• Digital Strategy
• Creative Strategy
• Positioning Strategy
• Campaign Strategy
• Brand Development
• Market and Consumer Research
• Market and Consumer Trends
• Trend Forecast
• Strategic Insights
• Communication strategy and digital strategy
• Relevant marketing/ communications degree NQF 7
Preference will be given to EE candidates.
At Wunderman Thompson, we are committed to actively building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and heard, and is treated with dignity and respect. As leaders and creative partners across industries, it is our responsibility to cultivate an environment reflective of our greatest asset; our people. We believe that this commitment inspires growth and delivers equitable outcomes for everyone as well as the clients and communities we serve.