Location: New York, NY, United States
Who we are:
At Wunderman Thompson we exist to inspire growth for ambitious brands. Part creative agency, part consultancy and part technology company, our experts provide end-to-end capabilities at a global scale to deliver inspiration across the entire brand and customer experience.
We are 20,000 strong in 90 markets around the world; our people bring together creative storytelling, diverse perspectives, inclusive thinking, and highly specialized vertical capabilities to drive growth for our clients. We offer deep expertise across the entire customer journey, including communications, commerce, consultancy, CRM, CX, data, production, and technology.
Who we are looking for:
We are looking for a digital and social media focused Strategy Director to work across a global technology service brand, who will inspire creatives and help drive transformational work. This is a fantastic opportunity to partner with a client known for its commitment to embrace innovative and purpose driven work. The Strategy Director will champion working with cross functional teams to guide strategy across US work with exposure to the global landscape. The Strategy Director will leverage intelligence insights to tell impactful stories from the earliest research stage through creative development, communication planning and campaign evaluation. At the core of this role is the ability to glean and share human and cultural insights, a voracious curiosity, a collaborative nature and the ability to inspire strong, impactful communications.
What you’ll do:
- Client Partnerships | Partner with account leadership to support the overall management of client business relationships including strategy development, creation of briefs and briefing teams, campaign performance monitoring and ongoing client communications.
- Integrated campaigns | Lead integrated agency team in day-to-day creation and management of campaigns, driving a high performing, cross-functional team to deliver work that drives efficiencies in content across touchpoints and exceeds client targets
- Strategic Thinking | Possess an inherent interest in consumer behavior and examine the way that brands communicate in order to find the intersection of brands, culture, and creativity.
- Data Analysis | Collect, analyze and interpret information from a variety of sources: market data, quantitative research data, cultural and social trends monitoring, qualitative interviews/conversations, observational research.
- Collaborate | Work with the creative and account management teams to ensure all client deliverables are flawlessly executed and on strategy. Encourage proactivity, creativity and collaboration between the strategy and creative teams to ensure the sharing of work and innovative thinking
- Thought Leadership | Use your experience and knowledge to inspire and motivate the team.
Who you are:
- A builder | Entrepreneurial attitude couple with a strong business acumen. Ability and appetite to bring people together. Innate ability to marshal people and create gravity around ideas.
- Open and collaborative | Our team is close-knit and supportive and we’re working with a lot of unknowns – you must champion of team environments that are comfortable and encouraging.
- Optimistic and resilient | Dig in and figure out how to work around problems. Yes and why not posture. Takes care of self and team. Balance needed to maintain stamina and positivity.
- Ego-less | We all wear the hats that need wearing, it’s a mentality that makes the team successful.
What You’ll Need:
- Let’s start with a Bachelor’s Degree (or equivalent) and 7+ years in brand strategy/planning, marketing consulting or advertising
- The ability to think on your feet and an eagerness to explore all available resources to think outside the box
- Zealous passion for rolling up your sleeves to bring ideas to life with cross-functional teams
- Strong interpersonal/communication skills; you will be face-to-face with various departments and client teams at their busiest moments
- Strong familiarity and comfort with digital + social strategy/media analytics and aligning strategies with business needs across all channels.
- Must have a pulse on cultural and social trends with the ability to translate these trends into insights and creative opportunities.
- An expertise in data sources, qualitative and quantitative research methodologies and a keen eye of when and how to apply them to client challenges
- The ability to thrive in a highly collaborative and diverse team. Must be able to lead and work in an integrated team environment and be comfortable collaborating with teams from different regions and different agencies.
- A self-starter approach and true sense of ownership regarding work at each point of delivery
- Excel in leading and owning the development of client presentations and leading client meetings
- Previous Technology Brand or B2B experience are a nice to have
Wunderman Thompson is proud to be a WPP agency. Headquartered in New York, we have a truly global reach with over 20,000 people in 90 markets. For more information, please visit our website and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter.
Wunderman Thompson is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and to attracting and retaining the most qualified employees regardless of race, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, age or disability. We rely on legitimate interest as a legal basis for processing personal information under the GDPR for purposes of recruitment and applications for employment.
At Wunderman Thompson, we are committed to actively building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and heard, and is treated with dignity and respect. As leaders and creative partners across industries, it is our responsibility to cultivate an environment reflective of our greatest asset; our people. We believe that this commitment inspires growth and delivers equitable outcomes for everyone as well as the clients and communities we serve.