VP, Group Account Supervisor (Health)
VP, Group Account Supervisor (Health)
Location: New York, NY, United States
Who we are:
At Wunderman Thompson we exist to inspire growth for ambitious brands. Part creative agency, part consultancy and part technology company, our experts provide end-to-end capabilities at a global scale to deliver inspiration across the entire brand and customer experience.
We are 20,000 strong in 90 markets around the world; our people bring together creative storytelling, diverse perspectives, inclusive thinking, and highly specialized vertical capabilities to drive growth for our clients. We offer deep expertise across the entire customer journey, including communications, commerce, consultancy, CRM, CX, data, production, and technology.
Wunderman Thompson Health, a division of Wunderman Thompson, works with companies to build world-class healthcare and pharmaceutical brands among medical professionals and consumers, with a transmedia storytelling approach that covers print, digital and television broadcast media, medical education, sales force presentations and managed access strategies.
Who we are looking for:
Wunderman Thompson Health is seeking a VP, Group Account Supervisor. The VP, Group Account Supervisor is responsible for the overall management, growth, and profitability for a specific group of accounts and represents the Agency at the Client level. This position is the senior account person responsible for direct supervision of all group account team members and one or more accounts. The VP, Group Account Supervisor manages the Client relationships and resolves internal conflicts through consultation with functional and department leads and provides support, guidance, and counsel to account supervisor and account executives
What you’ll do:
- Client | Provide Account, Strategic, and Marketing Leadership. Work with clients to uncover business needs and objectives, develop appropriate strategies, and identify/implement solutions to help achieve client goals. Understand clients' business and generate solutions to enhance client performance. Build trust, credibility, and collaboration and maintain client satisfaction. Lead quarterly agency review meetings. Provide independent thinking to clients to suggest new, unexplored solutions to client challenges, and to build organic growth beyond existing engagement.
- Manage | Provide account team leadership. Monitor workflow across account team and SMEs to ensure efficient delegation of projects. Maintain a high level of performance by the account teams and other agency personnel. Oversee all employees in their functional areas and support the development of their careers. Manage the overall client/account profitability, ensuring responsible financial management and delivery of account profit expectations. Responsible for the financial profitability and growth of the account.
- Collaborate | Work with teams within the agency to define and influence the client’s requirements in order to develop proposals and secure additional business. Convey the specific requirements for multi-functional support to the appropriate functional management on a timely basis. Coordinate activities across large scale, complex marketing projects with multiple dependencies, restrictive timelines, and risks. Work closely with the PMO to ensure delivery of all campaigns. Possess a full understanding of Wunderman capabilities, success factors, and profitability measures. Promote visibility of team members from other agency disciplines to client to demonstrate breadth of value of agency’s offering.
- Agency Growth | Regularly identify business opportunities to generate additional income opportunities within the assigned accounts
Who you are:
- Team Player | Foster and promote a team working environment. Collaborate with team leaders in interviewing, hiring, training, and evaluation of Client Services staff on businesses assigned. Supervise, mentor and train junior CS team members identifying performance improvement areas and recommending training and development opportunities (e.g., E-Learning courses) in an effort to develop staff expertise.
- Leader | Actively participate in agency-wide training programs. Adhere to and enforce agency-wide policies, procedures, and processes across the team. Work with account leader(s) to develop CS team’s communication and strategy skills Provide guidance within the team in developing expertise/skillsets in CS.
- Expert | Possess significant experience in professional client relationship management and background in agency management. Possess the ability to plan and strategize at a senior level. Employ a persuasive and confident approach to client presentations, results and agency reviews. Utilize excellent written, oral communication and presentation skills. Demonstrate a keen attention to detail and budgetary restraints. Maintain full awareness of creative processes and techniques – including digital platforms.
What You’ll Need:
- 10+ years advertising experience; minimum three years in pharmaceutical/healthcare.
- Possess a thorough understanding of client positioning and competitive market forces.
- Builds rapport well, easily approachable by team and client.
- Effective organizational skills, strategic thinking and leadership qualities.
- Outstanding communication skills: oral, written and interpersonal.
- Demonstrates strong leadership qualities and strategic thinking.
Wunderman Thompson is an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, military/veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability, or other protected group status. We believe in creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion and strives to recruit a diverse slate of candidates to help us achieve that goal.
At Wunderman Thompson, we are committed to actively building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and heard, and is treated with dignity and respect. As leaders and creative partners across industries, it is our responsibility to cultivate an environment reflective of our greatest asset; our people. We believe that this commitment inspires growth and delivers equitable outcomes for everyone as well as the clients and communities we serve.