Business Development Manager
Business Development Manager
Department: New Business
Location: Atlanta, GA, United States
Who we are:
At Wunderman Thompson we exist to inspire growth for ambitious brands. Part creative agency, part consultancy and part technology company, our experts provide end-to-end capabilities at a global scale to deliver inspiration across the entire brand and customer experience.
We are 20,000 strong in 90 markets around the world; our people bring together creative storytelling, diverse perspectives, inclusive thinking, and highly specialized vertical capabilities to drive growth for our clients. We offer deep expertise across the entire customer journey, including communications, commerce, consultancy, CRM, CX, data, production, and technology.
Who we are looking for:
Wunderman Thompson is seeking a Business Development Manager to be a key contributor to the overall business development in Atlanta. In partnership with the Business Development Project Management and Leadership teams, you will target aspects of the new business process and develop compelling pitch presentations to win new business entering from the WPP level. You will assist with all responses for an RFI/RFP, including assembling the appropriate resources, ensuring the development of a strong response, and most crucially, helping to shape a compelling story. You have a deep passion for organization and operational synergies, with an ability to think and act strategically while targeting amazing global and national brands.
This is a fantastic opportunity to own and lead multiple projects from start to finish, working with a robust team across multiple sides of the business. You will be a part of a team that is generating work that is creatively brilliant, measurable, and has a cultural impact.
You will have a pulse on the client work and the team, continuously strategizing ways to elevate the deliverables. You’ll be eager to bring people together and play a key role in building new best practices. Overall, you’re innately a people-person with a passion for juggling relationships with the client and project team.
**Though our office is operating in a primarily-remote capacity, we do prefer candidates to live in the Metro Atlanta Area to be accessible to clients.**
What you’ll do:
- Direct Agency Response | Determine and assemble a winning pitch team, leveraging agency and network resources. Own the creation of all written responses and related collateral, including pitch templates, customizable email templates and ad hoc messaging. Interface with a broad multi-disciplinary team including strategy, creative, data and analytics, customer experience, client services, and third party vendors when necessary. Ensure the team develops a response that is compliant and relevant to the details of the RFI/RFP assignment. Challenge the team’s thinking and constantly push the work. Embrace the details, knowing the difference between a Win and a Loss can come down to one missed or recognized opportunity.
- Manage Workflow | Set a cadence of initiating and leading meetings. Ensure the team is aligned and connected with the daily status report. Oversee checklist of materials and outputs. Follow up with pitch team members to ensure deadlines are met. Anticipate and respond to team needs. Prepare materials (reports, presentations, summaries, etc.) for agency and WPP leadership review.
- Oversee Pitch Execution | Work directly with strategy and marketing intelligence to coordinate and manage briefings, audience research, interviews, and testing. Coordinate with creative department to manage creative briefing, check-ins and reviews. Work directly with project management and finance to develop RFP pricing and assumptions. Organize pitch response content including bios, case studies, and company overviews. Schedule and oversee editorial review of all pitch materials. Schedule and oversee the design and creation of all pitch materials, ensuring successful delivery to client and adherence to compliance.
Who you are:
- Excellent Communicator | Excellent in written and verbal communications. You possess an advanced storytelling ability. Works productively with multidisciplinary teams within the agency and the network.
- Optimistic and resilient | Digs in and figures out how to work around problems. Takes care of self and team. Balances maintaining stamina and positivity.
- Ego-less | We all wear the hats that need wearing- it’s a mentality that makes the team successful. Maintains focus in a highly dynamic and ever-changing environment.
- Passionate and curious | You are eager and willing to learn. Enthusiasm and strong listening skills are appreciated.
What you'll need:
- A minimum of 5 years of experience within an advertising environment, with global and US account experience preferred. A postgraduate degree is a plus!
- Strong writing skills: Hands-on experience crafting proposals for consulting engagements.
- Ability to think strategically and align the target client’s needs, wants, dreams and visions with Wunderman Thompson’s value proposition, being able to explain and occasionally evangelize that alignment to internal stakeholders as needed.
- Up-to-date knowledge on marketing trends in data and tech. Interest in data-driven marketing.
- Commercial orientation with some experience or interest in crafting statements of work and building pricing for service business.
- Comfort in presenting ideas to senior leaders in team and client meetings.
- Proven ability to drive a process and earn the confidence of a team.
- Strong understanding of process management.
At Wunderman Thompson, we are committed to actively building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and heard, and is treated with dignity and respect. As leaders and creative partners across industries, it is our responsibility to cultivate an environment reflective of our greatest asset; our people. We believe that this commitment inspires growth and delivers equitable outcomes for everyone as well as the clients and communities we serve.