Department: Data & Analytics
Location: Chicago, IL, United States
Who we are:
At Wunderman Thompson we exist to inspire growth for ambitious brands. Part creative agency, part consultancy and part technology company, our experts provide end-to-end capabilities at a global scale to deliver inspiration across the entire brand and customer experience.
We are 20,000 strong in 90 markets around the world; our people bring together creative storytelling, diverse perspectives, inclusive thinking, and highly specialized vertical capabilities to drive growth for our clients. We offer deep expertise across the entire customer journey, including communications, commerce, consultancy, CRM, CX, data, production, and technology.
Who we are looking for:
Wunderman Thompson is seeking an Analytics Manager to join the Performance Marketing team. This role is one of the primary leaders on the analytics team, reporting directly to the Director of Analytics. The managers on the team are responsible for leading and motivating their direct reports and client teams towards common objectives. The managers set the tone on our team, and lead others, ensuring that we are the best in class at being able to: Speak to, measure, and analyze performance marketing ultimately making recommendations and driving optimizations.
We are looking for someone who has a passion for actionable analytics to solve core questions related to digital analytics, marketing, and consumer behavior. This person also has a strong understanding of the relationship between paid media, analytics, and ad tech, and can help set up a highly advanced, technical client for success. You will lead a team to execute analyses of digital, marketing performance that culminate into specific resource allocation recommendations. You must have strong communication skills and can clearly present findings to diverse audiences at all levels of the organization. We are looking for a person with an awesome sense of humor who is motivated by helping their direct reports succeed.
What you'll do:
- Lead a team of 2 – 5 digital analysts and senior digital analysts, across 3 – 5 different clients.
- Deliver customer-specific analyses across performance marketing, with an emphasis on digital paid media channels.
- Participate in new business exercises and pitches without assistance from service line lead
- Helps lead service line to progress on: attribution modeling, media mix modeling
- Keep current on trends in digital and traditional media tools and tactics, and LEAD the client and internal teams on how those impact our work
- Tackle complex business problems by converting raw data into meaningful and actionable business ideas.
- Leads the team to promote the optimization of digital paid media and SEO by producing actionable insights.
- Lead individual projects from kickoff to completion.
- Set and meet project deadlines.
- Lead analysis/recommendations and set KPIs.
- Create business rules and generate baseline metrics.
- Conduct accuracy audits and assessments.
Where your focus will be:
- Client | Partner with Account Leadership to oversee the translation of our clients’ vision into a roadmap that will achieve client goals, while generating work that is creatively brilliant, measurable and has a cultural impact. You’ll be the point person for all day-to-day client communications across multiple teams.
- Team | Manage, inspire and motivate project, product and development teams for the new .com experience. Review team deliverables. Provide strategic oversight and ensure the work gets noticed, used and appreciated.
- Process | Drive profitability at scale within the teams and as POSSIBLE sells in new offerings. Find innovative ways to build new best practices.
What you’ll need:
- Ability to think through a complex business problem and solve it.
- 4+ years’ experience reporting and analyzing digital, marketing efforts as they relate to the profitable acquisition of new customers and existing customers.
- Understanding of adtech infrastructure, specifically as it relates to Adobe product suite.
- Experience with Ads Data hub, or other similar tools is preferred
- 3+ years’ experience analyzing data, drawing conclusions, and making recommendations; contributing to the optimization of paid media channels.
- Understanding of tag management tools, with preferred experience with Tealium.
At Wunderman Thompson, we are committed to actively building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and heard, and is treated with dignity and respect. As leaders and creative partners across industries, it is our responsibility to cultivate an environment reflective of our greatest asset; our people. We believe that this commitment inspires growth and delivers equitable outcomes for everyone as well as the clients and communities we serve.