Insight Manager - Social
Insight Manager - Social
Department: Data & Analytics
Location: London, United Kingdom
Who we are:
At Wunderman Thompson we exist to inspire growth for ambitious brands. Part creative agency, part consultancy and part technology company, our experts provide end-to-end capabilities at a global scale to deliver inspiration across the entire brand and customer experience.
We are 20,000 strong in 90 markets around the world; our people bring together creative storytelling, diverse perspectives, inclusive thinking, and highly specialized vertical capabilities to drive growth for our clients. We offer deep expertise across the entire customer journey, including communications, commerce, consultancy, CRM, CX, data, production, and technology.
What we are looking for:
We are looking for an Insight Manager to join our award winning Data Department at Wunderman Thompson. You need to be known for great storytelling and insight generation, and be passionate about delivering great work. From a data point of view, we are looking for someone with expertise in social listening and social media insight who will help us drive this proposition and develop new approaches. However, as the role ideally requires someone with experience across multiple data sets, if you also have experience of primary qualitative or quantitative research, this will be an asset.
This role will be focused on proposing, overseeing and delivering work across a range of Wunderman Thompson clients, working with our customer experience, user experience, data strategy, brand strategy and creative departments to inform business decisions. Our insight projects span audience profiling, landscape & competitive analysis, consumer and B2B social listening, creative strategy and measurement & optimisation across multiple paid, owned and earned channels. You will have deep knowledge of using tools such as Netbase, Quid or SimilarWeb, and can leverage these tools to answer our clients’ business question, often in combination with a range of other in-house tools. However, we are method agnostic and always open to considering new tools and innovate solutions to providing insights to our clients. We also operate our own in-house proprietary B2B tool for which you will become a Data champion.
You need to be a self-starter, a great communicator and full of enthusiasm and keen to get involved in different tasks day-to-day. You will be confident crafting and delivering a variety of insight methodologies using several different tools in your responses to briefs. You need to have experience with pitches, writing briefs, scoping projects and managing people to deliver high quality work. You’re also comfortable with reading, extracting and manipulating data from a variety of sources, and working with other teams and specialisms such as analytics specialists in order to get the best results. You will be an ambassador for the Data department, helping to communicate and embed our Insights proposition across the Wunderman Thompson network.
What you’ll be doing:
- Working with the Insight & Effectiveness Director to deliver the agency’s social listening and social media insight proposition.
- Open to developing quantitative and qualitative research skills, or leveraging these skills in answering client briefs
- Writing proposals, scopes and estimates in collaboration with client and project management teams and other specialisms.
- Delivering insight projects end to end using our in house tools from proposals, through research design, scripting/sampling/data acquisition, analysis, visualisation, interpretation and client presentation.
- Managing projects to tight timelines, taking responsibility for overseeing resourcing and managing team workloads against competing deadlines.
- Developing the skills and knowledge of junior colleagues, building and sustaining a learning culture within the team.
- Line management of 1 junior researcher, and taking on new reports as we continue to expand our team.
- Learning new data skills and tools. Working with relevant experts to create new innovative multidisciplinary products for our clients spanning web analytics, social listening, search data, CRM data, qualitative and quantitative survey data.
- Building relationships with key stakeholders, promoting our current offering and designing new research and data products to meet their clients needs.
- Working in close collaboration with data scientists, strategists, creatives, technologists and customer experience experts to deliver world-class data-led solutions.
Who we're looking for:
- 7+ years research or data experience within the media or advertising industry
- A collaborative, confident team worker with experience over-sighting others
- Strong project and stakeholder management skills
- Expertise in creating and delivering bespoke research solutions
- Demonstrable experience in measuring effectiveness across a variety of channels
- A track record of creating and positioning new research or data products
- An avid learner who loves to explore new data sources in pursuit of insight
- A strong presenter, with the ability to tell stories using different data sets e.g. web analytics, social listening, search data, CRM data and quantitative survey data.
- Data visualisation skills
- Knowledge of the modern digital ecosystem across paid, owned and earned channels.
- Excellent communication, organisational, numeracy, analysis, proposal writing and presentation skills.
- Experience with pitches
What we can offer you:
We don’t settle for people who can just do the job, we look for people that go beyond that and always push our thinking to be better than yesterday. We believe that this is what makes our agency a great place to be – a space where you’re never far away from the best minds to learn from.
We want you to be comfortable and proud every day of the week and have created an open and inclusive environment where you can bring your whole self to work. We don’t want you to just fit into our culture, we want your uniqueness and diversity of background to add to it and make this an agency where we all have a real sense of belonging and purpose. We are a community.
Our focus is on keeping teams connected and engaged whether we're in the office or working from home, putting people’s wellbeing first, ensuring every person has access to our learning and development programme and building an inclusive workplace. We have a weekly ‘Staying Connected Calendar’ which is full to the brim of training you can get involved in, inspiration sessions hosted by external partners to check out and wellbeing classes and tips and tricks to look after your mind, body and soul. From yoga, Pilates, HIIT, hypnotherapy, a Strava cycling group, 1:1 resilience sessions and trained mental health first aiders. To name a few. Within our office we have a dedicated wellness studio and this year we built a brand new learning lab. Here we host weekly lunchtime lessons that supports iLearn, our learning & development portal home to 100s of sessions for you to access. We're also committed to building an inclusive, equitable and diverse workforce driven by our Inclusion Council and Employee Resource Groups; Roots, Green, Unite, Women @ WT, Families Network and culture club.
Your career development is important to us. Thrive will provide you with the framework and support needed to reach your career aspirations. There really is no shortage of opportunities here for the right person that is prepared to roll their sleeves up, get involved and collaborate with those around them to deliver the best work for our clients and our agency.
At Wunderman Thompson, we are committed to actively building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and heard, and is treated with dignity and respect. As leaders and creative partners across industries, it is our responsibility to cultivate an environment reflective of our greatest asset; our people. We believe that this commitment inspires growth and delivers equitable outcomes for everyone as well as the clients and communities we serve.