Developer - Contract - Inside IR35
Developer - Contract - Inside IR35
Location: England, United Kingdom
Who we are:
At Wunderman Thompson we exist to inspire growth for ambitious brands. Part creative agency, part consultancy and part technology company, our experts provide end-to-end capabilities at a global scale to deliver inspiration across the entire brand and customer experience.
We are 20,000 strong in 90 markets around the world; our people bring together creative storytelling, diverse perspectives, inclusive thinking, and highly specialized vertical capabilities to drive growth for our clients. We offer deep expertise across the entire customer journey, including communications, commerce, consultancy, CRM, CX, data, production, and technology.
Who we are
WPP is the global leader in marketing and communications services and one of the world’s largest creative transformation companies.
WPP has created a start-up in the end-to-end Commerce space, Everymile. We are building out a business with a ground-breaking offering that none of our Agency Network competitors have managed to launch into yet.
Within Everymile, we are leveraging WPP’s strength in consumer demand generation, best in class commerce technologies and leading external partnerships to deliver for clients a fully managed commerce service. The service will incorporate the design, build and operation of omni channel digital commerce; everything from website development to supply chain and fulfilment.
.NET developers are required to join our engineering team to support one of our child companies that provide a multi-channel sales and retail management solution. It is designed to increase efficiency in the sales provisioning and delivery process in addition to serving as a single-point product inventory across many different sales channels.
- Sales channel integration (e.g. Amazon, Ebay, Magento, and WordPress) as well as internal sales management through wholesale and telephone channels.
- Integrations with 25+ couriers
- Repricing Amazon products
- Internally developed barcode scanning
- Document delivery, i.e. automated printing of invoices, labels, etc
- Integration with accounting platforms (Xero, Quickbooks, etc)
- Internally developed EPOS system
We are looking for additional Senior .NET developers to build software using the .NET framework. Our current focus is to refactor our existing code base using modern coding practises to improve reliability, scalability and maintainability. You will be involved in reverse engineering existing features and reimplementing them using current technologies.
In this role, you should be able to write exceptional C# code with a sharp eye for spotting defects. You should be a team player and excellent communicator. If you are passionate about development and software design/architecture, we’d like to meet you.
- Migrate functionality from a legacy, monolithic ASP.Net 4.8 code base into discrete .NET 6.0 services
- Write clean, scalable code using .NET programming languages
- Test and deploy applications and systems
- Revise, update, refactor and debug code
- Develop documentation throughout the software development life cycle (SDLC)
- Serve as an expert on applications to other developer and the support team
- Mentor less experienced team members in good programming practises
- Lead technical discussions with team members
- Research, present and discuss solutions to technical challenges to other team members and colleagues from the wider business
- Assist less experienced team members in defining direction to complete a task
You will need to have a good understanding of a majority of the following skills:
- Mentoring and providing guidance to less senior team members
- Proven experience as a .NET Developer or Application Developer
- Familiarity with design/architectural patterns
- Up to date .NET exposure, i.e. .Net Core 3.x, .Net 5/6
- Refactoring from older technologies (ASP.NET 4.8, WebForms, Winforms)
- Excellent troubleshooting and communication skills
- Attention to detail
The following skills and experience are all things that we use. If you’ve got experience with any of these then it’ll set you apart. If not, you’ll have a great opportunity to learn them:
- AWS SQS/SNS
- Azure DevOps
- Use of an ORM like Entity Framework, or Dapper
- Authoring NuGet packages, either public or for internal use
- Experience of working in a distributed team
- Amazon, eBay or general eCommerce experience
- Writing and consuming REST APIs
- Atlassian tools, i.e. JIRA, BitBucket, Confluence
At Wunderman Thompson, we are committed to actively building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and heard, and is treated with dignity and respect. As leaders and creative partners across industries, it is our responsibility to cultivate an environment reflective of our greatest asset; our people. We believe that this commitment inspires growth and delivers equitable outcomes for everyone as well as the clients and communities we serve.