Account Director – Financial Services and Banking
Account Director – Financial Services and Banking
Department: Client Services
Expertise: B2B, Communications
Location: Lisbon, Portugal
Who we are:
At Wunderman Thompson we exist to inspire growth for ambitious brands. Part creative agency, part consultancy and part technology company, our experts provide end-to-end capabilities at a global scale to deliver inspiration across the entire brand and customer experience.
We are 20,000 strong in 90 markets around the world; our people bring together creative storytelling, diverse perspectives, inclusive thinking, and highly specialized vertical capabilities to drive growth for our clients. We offer deep expertise across the entire customer journey, including communications, commerce, consultancy, CRM, CX, data, production, and technology.
From the Lisbon office of Wunderman Thompson Portugal, we see the Tagus River, and from the Porto office, the Atlantic – but in both scenarios our eyes are on the future. We have one purpose: to grow our clients’ brands and businesses, driven by an indomitable desire to combine creativity, data, and technology to do what hasn’t been done before.
You will be part of a company that excels in the industry with end-to-end multiple capabilities and has a commitment to delivery amazing results by mixing technicality and expertise with the unbreakable commitment to our company behaviors and values.
What we are looking for:
We’re on the hunt for a superstar Account Director looking to step up in the next part of their career. An exceptional communicator and leader. A lateral thinker. A problem solver. An opportunity spotter. Commercially focused yet creatively inspired. Innately curious, brave and passionate about your craft. And an all-round great human being.
This is an opportunity to work for one of the world's most recognized brands, delivering inspiring Global creative campaigns and working with a high performing and talented team. You’ll be a huge part of a small inter-disciplinary squad – working with one of our biggest brands. You’ll manage a team of two Senior Account Managers and working into a Business Director but be the linchpin that holds the whole team together.
What you’ll be doing:
- Delivering excellence at all time - you will be responsible for empowering the team to deliver best in class 360 Global campaigns to a high-profile client base in Financial Services and Banking. You will motivate and inspire your team and the wider agency, as a key role with accountability as part of the team for the work we deliver.
- You’ll be empowered to lead – your clients and your team – so we’re looking for a trusted adviser, not just a happy helper. Always on the front foot, you’ll be relentless in your pursuit of deeper knowledge, better ways of working and, most importantly, better work.
- You’ll be rigorous in your attention to detail, developing an almost forensic level of detail on your clients, their business and our capabilities. You’ll work closely with the Client Services Director to develop and implement account strategy and drive the account forward – commercially and creatively.
- You will lead the team on the creation, execution and delivery of integrated campaigns across film, photography and digital production.
- You will lead the day to day running of the account, following up on actions and ensuring we keep progress, energy and momentum throughout every project, no matter how big or small.
- You’ll be working with a small and energetic team that includes senior stakeholders, both internally and externally. You will act as one of the main client points of contact and a core part of the team.
- We hold a strong partnership with the client and you will be expected to understand and interpret briefs, challenging the ask when necessary to ensure we are always delivering the best solution, pulling in other members of the team as and when required.
- You will be skilled in writing and contributing to briefs, as well as interpreting information and developing insights to assist in the planning/creative process. You will be comfortable presenting creative work to Clients, taking and challenging feedback when necessary.
Who are you:
- Experience delivering multi-channel brand building campaigns – from conception to activation across TVC’s, social, digital, in-store & OOH.
- Experience working with and leading partner agencies, including production and media agencies, sometimes working on joint responses.
- Innovation and digital production experience from an account management standpoint is a ‘must have’, not a bonus!
- A team player who is not afraid to roll up their sleeves and get stuck in to deliver excellence to our clients - we do everything we can to deliver the best. That means developing deep and honest relationships with them, becoming trusted advisors.
- Excellent organisation skills and an ability to always plan and keep one step ahead of our clients. We are looking for a leader who is comfortable spinning several plates at once and keeps their cool on a fast paced, high volume in, high volume out account.
- A clear communicator - you will have a great communication style, as comfortable leading a workshop or pitching a proposal to senior leaders and mentoring internal members of the team in the basics of client services, everything you do will have clear outcomes, next steps and bring people on the journey with you.
What we can offer you:
We don’t settle for people who can just do the job, we look for people that go beyond that and always push our thinking to be better than yesterday. We believe that this is what makes our agency a great place to be – a space where you’re never far away from the best minds to learn from.
We want you to be comfortable and proud every day of the week and have created an open and inclusive environment where you can bring your whole self to work. We don’t want you to just fit into our culture, we want your uniqueness and diversity of background to add to it and make this an agency where we all have a real sense of belonging and purpose. We are a community.
Our focus is on keeping teams connected and engaged whether we're in the office or working from home, putting people’s well-being first, ensuring every person has access to our learning and development programme and building an inclusive workplace. Your career development is important to us. Thrive will provide you with the framework and support needed to reach your career aspirations. There really is no shortage of opportunities here for the right person that is prepared to roll their sleeves up, get involved and collaborate with those around them to deliver the best work for our clients and our agency.
At Wunderman Thompson, we are committed to actively building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and heard, and is treated with dignity and respect. As leaders and creative partners across industries, it is our responsibility to cultivate an environment reflective of our greatest asset; our people. We believe that this commitment inspires growth and delivers equitable outcomes for everyone as well as the clients and communities we serve.