Account Executive – Financial Services and Banking
Account Executive – Financial Services and Banking
Department: Client Services
Expertise: B2B, Communications
Location: Lisbon, Portugal
Who we are:
At Wunderman Thompson we exist to inspire growth for ambitious brands. Part creative agency, part consultancy and part technology company, our experts provide end-to-end capabilities at a global scale to deliver inspiration across the entire brand and customer experience.
We are 20,000 strong in 90 markets around the world; our people bring together creative storytelling, diverse perspectives, inclusive thinking, and highly specialized vertical capabilities to drive growth for our clients. We offer deep expertise across the entire customer journey, including communications, commerce, consultancy, CRM, CX, data, production, and technology.
From the Lisbon office of Wunderman Thompson Portugal, we see the Tagus River, and from the Porto office, the Atlantic – but in both scenarios our eyes are on the future. We have one purpose: to grow our clients’ brands and businesses, driven by an indomitable desire to combine creativity, data, and technology to do what hasn’t been done before.
You will be part of a company that excels in the industry with end-to-end multiple capabilities and has a commitment to delivery amazing results by mixing technicality and expertise with the unbreakable commitment to our company behaviors and values.
What will you be doing:
You will be joining a newly formed team to handle our Financial Services and Banking clients – an area that continues to grow with a lot of scope and opportunity for further development. As a team we work together to produce innovative, fame worthy work and need a dynamic Account Executive to help us work on the commercial side of the business.
You’re an Account Executive with a minimum of 2 years’ agency experience, who will play a major role in helping our client deliver on their vision. If you have the ambition to help drive change and help build the new account then this is for you. You’ll be helping one of the biggest global brands to deliver on their big ambitions.
- You’ll be working alongside a team to support marketing campaign execution for our Financial Services and Banking client.
- You will work alongside all departments within the agency such as Strategy, Creative, Digital Innovation and Marketing Operations.
- Understand and interpret the client briefs, challenging the ask when necessary to ensure Wunderman Thompson are always delivering the best solution, pulling in other members of the Wunderman Thompson team as and when required
- Be comfortable presenting creative work to clients, taking and challenging feedback when necessary
- Give your input into business reviews & wash-ups by project to ensure that best practice is baked into future campaigns
- Be competent with financial systems and working with Project Management to ensure work is delivered on time and to budget
- Drive opportunities for innovation and work with stakeholders and agency strategy teams to optimise messaging/ comms
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and juggle multiple projects is a must
- Circulate agendas before every meeting and contact report any follow ups
Who are you:
As the clients window into Wunderman Thompson, and often their first port of call you know the clients and their business better than anyone else and are comfortable adding value in every interaction.
- Someone with a passion for financial services and innovation
- A great communicator someone who always considers their audience and how they will interpret what you are saying
- Born ready - Whether it’s a meeting, a call or a de-brief, prepare in advance. Have a plan to contribute to.
- Comfortable taking ownership and accountability for your project
- Great attention to detail - Anything you send out (email, documents, copy, artwork) make sure it is right - no typos, no mistakes
- Always curious – never afraid to ask questions and proactively go and seek out information
What we can offer you:
We don’t settle for people who can just do the job, we look for people that go beyond that and always push our thinking to be better than yesterday. We believe that this is what makes our agency a great place to be – a space where you’re never far away from the best minds to learn from.
We want you to be comfortable and proud every day of the week and have created an open and inclusive environment where you can bring your whole self to work. We don’t want you to just fit into our culture, we want your uniqueness and diversity of background to add to it and make this an agency where we all have a real sense of belonging and purpose. We are a community.
Our focus is on keeping teams connected and engaged whether we're in the office or working from home, putting people’s wellbeing first, ensuring every person has access to our learning and development programme and building an inclusive workplace. Your career development is important to us. Thrive will provide you with the framework and support needed to reach your career aspirations. There really is no shortage of opportunities here for the right person that is prepared to roll their sleeves up, get involved and collaborate with those around them to deliver the best work for our clients and our agency.
At Wunderman Thompson, we are committed to actively building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and heard, and is treated with dignity and respect. As leaders and creative partners across industries, it is our responsibility to cultivate an environment reflective of our greatest asset; our people. We believe that this commitment inspires growth and delivers equitable outcomes for everyone as well as the clients and communities we serve.