Senior Project Manager
Senior Project Manager
Department: Project Management & Delivery
Location: Costa Mesa, CA, United States
Who we are:
At Wunderman Thompson we exist to inspire growth for ambitious brands. Part creative agency, part consultancy and part technology company, our experts provide end-to-end capabilities at a global scale to deliver inspiration across the entire brand and customer experience.
We are 20,000 strong in 90 markets around the world; our people bring together creative storytelling, diverse perspectives, inclusive thinking, and highly specialized vertical capabilities to drive growth for our clients. We offer deep expertise across the entire customer journey, including communications, commerce, consultancy, CRM, CX, data, production, and technology.
Who we are looking for:
Wunderman Thompson California is growing – and seeking an enthusiastic Sr. Project Manager to join us during this exciting time! We’re seeking a critical thinker and problem solver who thrives on being engaged at all levels of a project. Our Sr. Project Managers acutely understand the opportunities and constraints of a given project and take responsibility for setting and managing expectations internally and with clients. They understand how to manage and negotiate trade-offs to deliver on time, within budget and against agreed objectives. Sr. Project Managers have full lifecycle experience from scoping through delivery and can confidently navigate and prioritize business needs, resource management, schedules, and financials to successfully navigate and deliver all aspects of the assignment.
***An important note on location and REMOTE options: The intention for this role is eventually embracing a hybrid work model that combines working remotely from home and working on-site in our Costa Mesa office. This approach allows us to offer the flexibility of remote work on some days, while also offering the opportunity for in-person collaboration. Viable candidates will be local to the OC area and aligned with a hybrid work schedule.
What you’ll do:
- Process | Oversee the development and tracking of project plans. Establish and maintain processes to manage scope throughout the project lifecycle.
- Plan | Establish and maintain project communications. Adapt and apply the delivery approach to meet project objectives and client business drivers.
- Collaborate | Partner with others to help lead, guide and support multi-disciplinary teams.
- Cut Through the Noise | Clarify and communicate project objectives and success criteria. Provide day-to-day project updates for the client.
- Financials | Oversee project estimations, budget management and also vendor management.
Who you are:
- A builder | Provide purpose, direction, and motivation to the team. Build and structure project teams to ensure maximum performance.
- A Strong Communicator | Excellent communication and analytical skills.
- Leader | Influences without authority and fosters an environment of shared accountability.
- Detail Oriented | Sharp attention to detail and a drive for perfection.
What you’ll need:
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience in an agency or Health industry.
- Self-driven with proven experience delivering digital marketing solutions working with multi-disciplinary teams (Strategy, Creative, Tech, PM/AM) across multiple offices around the globe.
- Print production and digital process and experience preferred.
- Knowledge of various analytics tools and implementations (i.e. pixels, UTM, media tracking, etc.)
- Experience with Project Management tools (like Monday, Jira, Basecamp, Trello).
- Microsoft Office experience preferred.
- Strong drive and desire to learn.
- Must have excellent relationship building and client facing skills.
- Must exhibit strong leadership and team management skills.
What we offer:
- Passionate, driven people |We champion a culture of people that do extraordinary work.
- Consciously cultivated culture | We aim to embody the behaviors to build an inclusive community that is in it together, bringing both positivity and active listening into the workplace as we simultaneously strive to empower creative bravery.
- Competitive benefits | What we offer full time hires ranges from the full spectrum of group health coverage options (medical, dental, vision) to a generous 401k match (100% dollar-for-dollar match, up to 5% of salary contribution), and a variety of paid time off offerings that reflect our investment in all aspects of your overall life balance and wellness.
- Growth-minded opportunities | We aim to nurture a culture of real-time feedback, growth-oriented mindset, and plenty of training opportunities through Wunderman Thompson and WPP, so you can continue to grow personally and professionally.
Wunderman Thompson is an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, military/veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability, or other protected group status. We believe in creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion and strives to recruit a diverse slate of candidates to help us achieve that goal.
At Wunderman Thompson, we are committed to actively building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and heard, and is treated with dignity and respect. As leaders and creative partners across industries, it is our responsibility to cultivate an environment reflective of our greatest asset; our people. We believe that this commitment inspires growth and delivers equitable outcomes for everyone as well as the clients and communities we serve.