Department: Client Services
Location: Seattle, WA, United States
Who we are:
At Wunderman Thompson we exist to inspire growth for ambitious brands. Part creative agency, part consultancy and part technology company, our experts provide end-to-end capabilities at a global scale to deliver inspiration across the entire brand and customer experience.
We are 20,000 strong in 90 markets around the world; our people bring together creative storytelling, diverse perspectives, inclusive thinking, and highly specialized vertical capabilities to drive growth for our clients. We offer deep expertise across the entire customer journey, including communications, commerce, consultancy, CRM, CX, data, production, and technology.
Who we are looking for:
Wunderman Thompson is seeking an Account Director with B2B and healthcare experience to lead a strategic engagement with an innovative healthcare brand. This is a unique opportunity to work with an established industry leader that is transforming its business to drive growth in a disrupted category. In this role, you will partner with strategy, creative and data leads to assess opportunities and drive creative development for client assignments. You will be responsible for assuring that the work supports the clients’ business and brand strategies. You will be accountable for well-managed projects that are delivered on time and within defined budgets.
The Account Director serves as a team lead over several disciplines, including strategy, creative, analytics, project management and production and is responsible for orchestrating the collaboration between disciplines. In partnership with leadership, this role shares responsibility for the growth and development of the new client business across all disciplines.
While this role is part of our Seattle team, work can be done remotely for qualified candidates.
What you’ll do:
- Client-facing | Be proactive in assessing client needs and delivering added value to the client wherever possible. Be a subject matter expert in the client’s field, speaking clearly to the competitive landscape, products, services, trends, and brand positions within the client’s business.
- Content | Collaborate and review project briefs to inspire and guide creative development. Provide clear goals and objectives for projects and campaigns with specific guidance and performance measures.
- Growth | Craft growth strategies and business development tactics to increase client value.
- Team | Build a cohesive team across agency partners, departments, disciplines, and offices where relevant.
- Process | Assess and recommend strategies for building efficiencies, streamlining operations, and enhancing the value of agency to the client. Shepherd agency deliverables through regulatory and legal review process, where applicable. Accountable for on-time, on-budget completion of projects and the reporting of budget status to clients.
Who you are:
- A builder | Innovator with a desire to bring people together. Innate ability to marshal people and create gravity around ideas.
- Open and collaborative | Our team is close-knit and supportive and we’re working with a lot of unknowns – you must champion an environment that is comfortable and encouraging across disciplines.
- An experimenter | Embrace the unknown and ready to break process. You’ll be excited by opportunities to explore new ideas rather than rely on existing paradigms, and you view technology as a tool that can drive this creativity.
- Ego-less | We all wear the hats that need wearing; it’s a mentality that makes the team successful.
What you’ll need:
- A minimum of 6 years of account management experience at a creative agency or equivalent. At least a few of those years must be specific to B2B clients/projects with a demonstrated understanding of B2B strategy and marketing best practices.
- Experience working in the healthcare industry.
- Strong integrated advertising experience, with an emphasis on digital, content creation, and production.
- Proven track record of developing strong client relationships. Ability to lead and communicate effectively with cross functional teams.
- Technology experience is preferred. Or if no tech experience, a proven curiosity and willingness to dive deep into complex categories.
- Strategic thinking balanced with the ability to make decisions and recommend actionable strategy.
- The ability to think on your feet and comfort with ambiguity.
- Strong interpersonal/communication skills; you will be face-to-face with clients and internal departments at their busiest moments.
- Technically proficient in presentation planning and development with the ability to present ideas, concepts, and strategic direction to senior level clients.
- A positive attitude and capacity for thinking above and beyond the client’s initial ask.
What we offer:
- Passionate, driven people | We champion a culture of people that do extraordinary work.
- Consciously cultivated culture | We aim to embody the behaviors to build an inclusive community that is in it together, bringing both positivity and active listening into the workplace as we simultaneously strive to empower creative bravery.
- Competitive benefits | We offer full time hires the full spectrum of group health coverage options (medical, dental, vision), a generous 401k match (100% dollar-for-dollar match, up to 5% of salary contribution), and a variety of paid time off offerings that reflect our investment in all aspects of your overall life balance and wellness.
- Growth-minded opportunities | We aim to nurture a culture of real-time feedback, growth-oriented mindset, and plenty of training opportunities through Wunderman Thompson and WPP, so you can continue to grow personally and professionally.
Wunderman Thompson is an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, military/veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability, or other protected group status. We believe in creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion and strives to recruit a diverse slate of candidates to help us achieve that goal. #LI-EZ1
At Wunderman Thompson, we are committed to actively building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and heard, and is treated with dignity and respect. As leaders and creative partners across industries, it is our responsibility to cultivate an environment reflective of our greatest asset; our people. We believe that this commitment inspires growth and delivers equitable outcomes for everyone as well as the clients and communities we serve.