Senior Project Manager
Senior Project Manager
Department: Project Management & Delivery
Location: Los Angeles, CA, United States
Who we are:
At Wunderman Thompson we exist to inspire growth for ambitious brands. Part creative agency, part consultancy and part technology company, our experts provide end-to-end capabilities at a global scale to deliver inspiration across the entire brand and customer experience.
We are 20,000 strong in 90 markets around the world; our people bring together creative storytelling, diverse perspectives, inclusive thinking, and highly specialized vertical capabilities to drive growth for our clients. We offer deep expertise across the entire customer journey, including communications, commerce, consultancy, CRM, CX, data, production, and technology.
Who we are looking for:
Wunderman Thompson California is growing – and seeking an enthusiastic Sr. Project Manager to join us during this exciting time! We’re seeking a critical thinker and problem solver who thrives on being engaged at all levels of a project. Our Sr. Project Managers acutely understand the opportunities and constraints of a given project and take responsibility for setting and managing expectations internally and with clients. They understand how to manage and negotiate trade-offs to deliver on time, within budget and against agreed objectives. Sr. Project Managers have full lifecycle experience from scoping through delivery and can confidently navigate and prioritize business needs, resource management, schedules, and financials to successfully navigate and deliver all aspects of the assignment.
***An important note on location and REMOTE options: An important NOTE on location and REMOTE options: While this role is based out of our Orange County office, work can be done remotely for qualified candidates. Due to client considerations, however, only candidates who are local to U.S. Pacific or Mountain time zones can be considered. Please only apply if you are local to these areas. Thank you!
What you’ll do:
- Work | Responsible for the management of the operational health of assigned projects with special attention to resource utilization and forecast planning. Accountable for the execution, management, and quality control of assigned projects from concept to completion, ensuring client satisfaction, meeting all timeline milestones, and delivering within the approved budgets. Conduct and lead kick-off and status meetings regularly with clients and the internal team; ensure thorough communication with all stakeholders at all stages of every project.
- People | In partnership with the Account team, serve as a client interface on projects to report status, manage expectations and more. Proactively communicate with stakeholders about recommendations, risks, challenges, and solutions. Serve as point of escalation both internally and with clients for assigned projects.
- Process | Develop and document project plans to include scope, schedules, timeline, and budget; closely monitor and adapt plans throughout the lifetime of assigned projects. Utilize appropriate structure and tools to ensure successful collaboration and engagement across agency and client teams.
- Financials | Create detailed project plans; manage resource allocations; and report on project status, burn rates, budgets and reconciliations to agency and client stakeholders to avoid and/or resolve scope creep, budget overages, and efficiency issues.
Who you are:
- Optimistic and collaborative | Our team is close-knit and supportive and we’re working with a lot of unknowns – you must be an advocate of environments that are comfortable with ambiguity and encourage collaboration, while having a positive, can-do attitude.
- A builder | Process-oriented innovator with an informed, objective point of view and dynamic voice. Ability and appetite to bring people together to create and inspire solutions.
- Detail oriented | Sharp attention to detail and a drive for perfection. Conscientious and adept at problem-solving through critical thinking.
- A Strong communicator | Superior presentation skills and excellent communication and analytical skills. Influences without authority and fosters an environment of shared accountability.
What you’ll need:
- A minimum of 5+ years of hands-on project management experience.
- Proven track record of delivering complex digital marketing solutions.
- Knowledge of best practices for managing marketing projects from conception and initiation through definition and planning, product launch, and closure.
- Strong understanding of emerging web standards, user-centered design (UX/UI), optimization and software delivery best practices.
- Experience working with cross-functional teams through digital marketing life cycles within enterprise scale projects.
- Ability to develop clear and dynamic communications regarding project statuses, scopes, risks, needs, and overall health.
- Ability to facilitate stakeholder discussions as warranted throughout the project lifecycle.
- Experience in running the various agile ceremonies: scrums, spring planning, retrospectives, etc.
- Flexibility, initiative, dedication, and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Strong sense of emotional intelligence and the ability to utilize EQ to positively impact team efforts.
- Experience with the following tools is preferred: JIRA, Confluence, Smartsheet, Microsoft Office suite.
- Experience working closely with Business Analyst team members on complex technical efforts.
- Automotive experience preferred.
What we offer:
- Passionate, driven people |We champion a culture of people that do extraordinary work.
- Consciously cultivated culture | We aim to embody the behaviors to build an inclusive community that is in it together, bringing both positivity and active listening into the workplace as we simultaneously strive to empower creative bravery.
- Competitive benefits | What we offer full time hires ranges from the full spectrum of group health coverage options (medical, dental, vision) to a generous 401k match (100% dollar-for-dollar match, up to 5% of salary contribution), and a variety of paid time off offerings that reflect our investment in all aspects of your overall life balance and wellness.
- Growth-minded opportunities | We aim to nurture a culture of real-time feedback, growth-oriented mindset, and plenty of training opportunities through Wunderman Thompson and WPP, so you can continue to grow personally and professionally.
Wunderman Thompson is an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, military/veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability, or other protected group status. We believe in creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion and strives to recruit a diverse slate of candidates to help us achieve that goal.
At Wunderman Thompson, we are committed to actively building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and heard, and is treated with dignity and respect. As leaders and creative partners across industries, it is our responsibility to cultivate an environment reflective of our greatest asset; our people. We believe that this commitment inspires growth and delivers equitable outcomes for everyone as well as the clients and communities we serve.