Client Finance Associate
Client Finance Associate
Location: Chicago, IL, United States
Who we are:
At Wunderman Thompson we exist to inspire growth for ambitious brands. Part creative agency, part consultancy and part technology company, our experts provide end-to-end capabilities at a global scale to deliver inspiration across the entire brand and customer experience.
We are 20,000 strong in 90 markets around the world; our people bring together creative storytelling, diverse perspectives, inclusive thinking, and highly specialized vertical capabilities to drive growth for our clients. We offer deep expertise across the entire customer journey, including communications, commerce, consultancy, CRM, CX, data, production, and technology.
Who we are looking for:
Wunderman Thompson is seeking a Financial Analyst who will perform a variety of day to day functions including analytical reporting and special projects as assigned. The key focus will be supporting Financial Leadership in financial reporting while promoting a team environment across the organization, and exhibiting traits of dependability, independence, and effectiveness.
What you’ll do:
- Collaborate | Meet with internal account teams for job analysis.
- Understand the work | Prepare monthly revenue calculation and maintain all backup for audit purposes, maintain revenue forecast files across all Central Region offices, prepare weekly revenue presentations, assist in implementing audit compliance processes, provide client billing direction and complete media cost reconciliations.
- Maintain security | Maintains strictest level of security and confidentiality of all company and client records.
- Trust in the process | Supports accounting processes and procedures to uphold accurate accounting practices and reporting.
Who you are:
- Relationship-builder | Strong interpersonal skills to work with variety of people throughout company.
- Motivated | Able to work independently and has the drive and urgency critical for managing deadlines with competing priorities.
- Ego-less | We all wear the hats that need wearing, it’s a mentality that makes the team successful.
- Detail-oriented | Keen attention to detail and accuracy of data.
- Agile | Ability to work in a fast-paced and changing environment.
- Multi-faceted | Solid technical, analytical and problem-solving skills.
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance preferred
- Minimum of 2 years general accounting experience required
- Revenue Recognition experience required
- Audit experience required
- SOX experience preferred
- Ability to understand and create formulas for use in computerized programs
- Solid technical, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics ERP preferred
- Intermediate Excel skills
What we offer:
- Passionate, driven people | We champion a culture of people that do extraordinary work.
- Consciously cultivated culture | We aim to embody the behaviors to build an inclusive community that is in it together, bringing both positivity and active listening into the workplace as we simultaneously strive to empower creative bravery.
- Competitive benefits | What we offer full time hires ranges from the full spectrum of group health coverage options (medical, dental, vision) to a generous 401k match (100% dollar-for-dollar match, up to 5% of salary contribution), and a variety of paid time off offerings that reflect our investment in all aspects of your overall life balance and wellness.
- Growth-minded opportunities | We aim to nurture a culture of real-time feedback, growth-oriented mindset, and plenty of training opportunities through Wunderman Thompson and WPP, so you can continue to grow personally and professionally.
Wunderman Thompson is an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, military/veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability, or other protected group status. We believe in creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion and strives to recruit a diverse slate of candidates to help us achieve that goal.
At Wunderman Thompson, we are committed to actively building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and heard, and is treated with dignity and respect. As leaders and creative partners across industries, it is our responsibility to cultivate an environment reflective of our greatest asset; our people. We believe that this commitment inspires growth and delivers equitable outcomes for everyone as well as the clients and communities we serve.