Senior SEO Specialist
Senior SEO Specialist
Department: Media Services
Location: Memphis, TN, United States
Who we are:
At Wunderman Thompson we exist to inspire growth for ambitious brands. Part creative agency, part consultancy and part technology company, our experts provide end-to-end capabilities at a global scale to deliver inspiration across the entire brand and customer experience.
We are 20,000 strong in 90 markets around the world; our people bring together creative storytelling, diverse perspectives, inclusive thinking, and highly specialized vertical capabilities to drive growth for our clients. We offer deep expertise across the entire customer journey, including communications, commerce, consultancy, CRM, CX, data, production, and technology.
Who we are looking for:
At Wunderman Thompson, we are creatively driven and data-inspired— it’s what sets us apart from other agencies. We are seeking digital experts with a vision and focus on results. Our Sr. SEO Specialists create paths for each client by evaluating stated goals/objectives and providing performance-based solutions for owned media. To do this effectively, he/she must keep an active pulse on digital trends and tactics to create both short- and long-term strategies that encourage client retention alongside immediate goal accomplishments.
As a Sr. SEO Specialist, you will serve as an SEO expert seamlessly uniting our content and development practices to drive search engine rank performance, traffic, engagement, and conversions for our clients.
What you’ll do:
- Serve as the SEO client-lead on national accounts – serve as main SEO point of contact with clients, develop (and present) strategies specific to the client and execute/implement.
- Work collaboratively within your team (other SEO specialist, analysts, paid media specialist, account teams, etc.) to drive results for your client(s).
- Be the expert across all aspects of SEO – technical, content, on-page, off-page.
- Perform full SEO site audits and analysis (technical, analytics, content, social, etc.)
- Perform full keyword research and develop related strategies
- Bring paid, owned, and earned media together to create cohesive interactions within the spaces
- Communicate (and present) effectively across an organization, internally and externally – from developers to C-suite executives.
- Research and create POVs on SEO trends and new channels (e.g. mobile, apps, and voice recognition), and then educate internal team members and clients
- Determine KPIs for each recommendation, forecast impact, and create case studies
Who you are:
- A builder | Entrepreneurial attitude couple with a strong business acumen. Ability and appetite to bring people together. Innate ability to marshal people and create gravity around ideas.
- Open and collaborative | Our team is close-knit and supportive and we’re working with a lot of unknowns – you must champion of team environments that are comfortable and encouraging.
- Optimistic and resilient | Dig in and figure out how to work around problems. Yes and why not posture. Takes care of self and team. Balance needed to maintain stamina and positivity.
- Ego-less | We all wear the hats that need wearing, it’s a mentality that makes the team successful.
- Learner | A curious nature and self-driven to learn and explore.
What you’ll need:
- Minimum 4 years working hands on in technical SEO
- Must have a proven track record of driving results (SERP rank, traffic, engagement and conversions)
- Proficient in digital analytics platforms (e.g. Google, Adobe, Coremetrics, etc.)
- Expertise with common SEO tools such as rank trackers (Ahrefs/SEM Rush, etc.), crawlers (ScreamingFrog), and Google and Bing Search Consoles,
- Knowledge of multiple CMS platforms (e.g. AEM, SiteCore, Wordpress)
- Clear communication skills in multiple forms (e.g. verbal, e-mail, powerpoint and in-person presentations)
- Knowledge of UX best practices and supporting site builds is a plus
- Nice to have: Writing for the web (short and long form)
- Nice to have: Social media savvy
- Prior agency or consulting experience is preferred
- Dedicated to research and learning
What we offer:
- Passionate, driven people | We champion a culture of people that do extraordinary work.
- Consciously cultivated culture | We aim to embody the behaviors to build an inclusive community that is in it together, bringing both positivity and active listening into the workplace as we simultaneously strive to empower creative bravery.
- Competitive benefits | What we offer full time hires ranges from the full spectrum of group health coverage options (medical, dental, vision) to a generous 401k match (100% dollar-for-dollar match, up to 5% of salary contribution), and a variety of paid time off offerings that reflect our investment in all aspects of your overall life balance and wellness.
- Growth-minded opportunities | We aim to nurture a culture of real-time feedback, growth-oriented mindset, and plenty of training opportunities through Wunderman Thompson and WPP, so you can continue to grow personally and professionally.
Wunderman Thompson is an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, military/veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability, or other protected group status. We believe in creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion and strives to recruit a diverse slate of candidates to help us achieve that goal.
At Wunderman Thompson, we are committed to actively building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and heard, and is treated with dignity and respect. As leaders and creative partners across industries, it is our responsibility to cultivate an environment reflective of our greatest asset; our people. We believe that this commitment inspires growth and delivers equitable outcomes for everyone as well as the clients and communities we serve.