Department: Media Services
Location: Memphis, TN, United States
Who we are:
At Wunderman Thompson we exist to inspire growth for ambitious brands. Part creative agency, part consultancy and part technology company, our experts provide end-to-end capabilities at a global scale to deliver inspiration across the entire brand and customer experience.
We are 20,000 strong in 90 markets around the world; our people bring together creative storytelling, diverse perspectives, inclusive thinking, and highly specialized vertical capabilities to drive growth for our clients. We offer deep expertise across the entire customer journey, including communications, commerce, consultancy, CRM, CX, data, production, and technology.
Who we are looking for:
At Wunderman Thompson, we are creatively driven and data-inspired— it’s what sets us apart from other agencies. We are seeking digital experts with a vision and focus on results. Our SEO, Manager drives business success through Organic Search strategies for clients, and through the strong leadership of team members. This role is a blend of strategic leadership (of people) and exceptional SEO expertise (strategy and execution).
As an SEO, Manager, you will ensure clients and team members, and thus the agency, are set up for success.
What you'll do:
- Nurture, mentor, and lead your team of SEO experts to ensure optimal performance across strategy, execution, and client interactions.
- Serve as the SEO client-lead on national accounts – serve as main SEO point of contact with clients, develop (and present) strategies specific to the client and execute/implement.
- Support team members on their accounts – reviewing work and ensuring presentations are up to expectations.
- Work collaboratively across other teams - analytics, paid media, account and PM, etc.)
- Be the expert across all aspects of SEO – technical, content, on-page, off-page.
- Perform full SEO site audits and analysis (technical, analytics, content, social, etc.)
- Perform full keyword research and develop related strategies
- Lead or Support new business pitches and opportunities
- Bring paid, owned, and earned media together to create cohesive interactions within the spaces
- Communicate (and present) effectively across an organization, internally and externally – from developers to C-suite executives.
- Research and create POVs on SEO trends and new channels (e.g. mobile, apps, and voice recognition), and then educate internal team members and clients
- Determine KPIs for each recommendation, forecast impact, and create case studies
What you'll need
- Minimum 6 years working hands on in technical SEO
- Minimum 2 years managing others
- Must have a proven track record of driving results (SERP rank, traffic, engagement and conversions)
- Proficient in digital analytics platforms (e.g. Google, Adobe, Coremetrics, etc.)
- Expertise with common SEO tools such as rank trackers (Ahrefs/SEM Rush, etc.), crawlers (ScreamingFrog), and Google and Bing Search Consoles,
- Working knowledge of multiple CMS platforms (e.g. AEM, SiteCore, Wordpress)
- Clear communication skills in multiple forms (e.g. verbal, e-mail, powerpoint and in-person presentations)
- Experience with international SEO
- Knowledge of UX best practices and supporting site builds is a plus
- Nice to have: bi-lingual (Spanish preferred)
- Nice to have: Writing for the web (short and long form)
- Nice to have: Social media savvy
- Prior agency or consulting experience is preferred
- Dedicated to research and learning
At Wunderman Thompson, we are committed to actively building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and heard, and is treated with dignity and respect. As leaders and creative partners across industries, it is our responsibility to cultivate an environment reflective of our greatest asset; our people. We believe that this commitment inspires growth and delivers equitable outcomes for everyone as well as the clients and communities we serve.