Associate Creative Director, CX (Product Design)
Associate Creative Director, CX (Product Design)
Location: New York, NY, United States
Who we are:
At Wunderman Thompson we exist to inspire growth for ambitious brands. Part creative agency, part consultancy and part technology company, our experts provide end-to-end capabilities at a global scale to deliver inspiration across the entire brand and customer experience.
We are 20,000 strong in 90 markets around the world; our people bring together creative storytelling, diverse perspectives, inclusive thinking, and highly specialized vertical capabilities to drive growth for our clients. We offer deep expertise across the entire customer journey, including communications, commerce, consultancy, CRM, CX, data, production, and technology.
Who we are:
At Wunderman Thompson, we exist to inspire growth for ambitious brands. Part creative agency, part consultancy, and part technology company, our experts provide end-to-end capabilities at a global scale to deliver inspiration across the entire brand and customer experience.
We are 20,000-strong in 90 markets around the world; our people bring together creative storytelling, diverse perspectives, inclusive thinking, and highly specialized vertical capabilities to drive growth for our clients. We offer deep expertise across the entire customer journey, including communications, commerce, consultancy, CRM, CX, data, production, and technology.
Who we are looking for:
The Associate Creative Director of Customer Experience Design at Wunderman Thompson partners with our internal and external stakeholders and partners to create engaging, memorable, results-oriented work across all channels. You’ll be responsible for conceptual thinking and creating a range of ideas for projects, delivering work for internal presentations and the end consumer. As an ACD-CXD, you have a strong working knowledge of human-centered design, product and brand development, interactive commerce, and overall knowledge of creative processes. You can inspire others to exceed expectations and strive to continually evolve and grow the brand/product’s experience.
In this role, you will lead the experience design team(s) to develop solutions that meet the overall project and account goals. You will work closely with a diverse cross-discipline team and lead creative for a large national automotive brand. You are obsessed with the role digital plays in the user journey and have experience pushing against the norms of digital ecosystems.
You will report to our Executive Creative Director and be considered their “right hand”, stepping in to assist on large projects or platforms, mentoring, or as the sole lead on smaller projects. You are a master of design, who can also come up with the “big idea” with or without the help of a Copywriter/AD partner.
What you’ll do:
- Human-Centered Design: Focus on customer needs and solve the right problems.
- Systems design: blend the perspective of marketing, design, and manufacturing into a single approach to product development
- Big idea thinking: Use divergent thinking that leads to the creation of unique experiences across all existing and new channels that reach a particular audience.
- Client Facing: Regularly connects with the clients to create a partnership -- building trust in our thought leadership and ideas.
- Intersection of Data and Tech: Using data to develop multi-channel experiences that successfully connect with the audience, through their journey as customers.
- Collaborate: Closely partner with your Account, Concept, and Strategy counterparts. Successfully integrate into the larger team and be a positive force in creating a positive work environment and agency culture.
Who you are:
- A builder | Entrepreneurial attitude. With the ability and appetite to create and bring people together. Possess an Innate knack to marshal people and creating gravity around ideas.
- Open and collaborative | Our team is close-knit and supportive and we’re working with a lot of unknowns – you must be a champion of team environments that are comfortable with ambiguity and encourage collaboration.
- An experimenter | Embrace the unknown and ready to break process. You’ll be excited by opportunities to create new rather than default to plugging-in to existing ones, while leaning towards experimentation. You see technology as a tool for creativity.
- Ego-less | We all wear the hats that need wearing, it’s a mentality that makes the team successful.
What you’ll need:
- 7+ years of industry experience, with emphasis on human-centered design
- Experience in UX design, specifically for mobile, responsive design, and platform-based solutions
- Digital agency AND in-house experience preferred.
- Experience using data and technology to come up with innovative product and brand experiences.
- Portfolio showing excellent use of creative and conceptual capabilities.
- Demonstrated leadership, ability to manage multiple accounts, and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to distill complex ideas into simple concepts, defend the work and be the expert in the room
- Strong writing skills, creativity, and passion for human-centered design
- Experience effectively translating & presenting from strategy to creative executions to clients and potential clients.
- Proficient with design tools such as Figma and Adobe XD for designing and prototyping solutions
We rely on legitimate interest as a legal basis for processing personal information under the GDPR for purposes of recruitment and applications for employment.
At Wunderman Thompson, we are committed to actively building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and heard, and is treated with dignity and respect. As leaders and creative partners across industries, it is our responsibility to cultivate an environment reflective of our greatest asset; our people. We believe that this commitment inspires growth and delivers equitable outcomes for everyone as well as the clients and communities we serve.