Location: Seattle, WA, United States
Who we are:
At Wunderman Thompson we exist to inspire growth for ambitious brands. Part creative agency, part consultancy and part technology company, our experts provide end-to-end capabilities at a global scale to deliver inspiration across the entire brand and customer experience.
We are 20,000 strong in 90 markets around the world; our people bring together creative storytelling, diverse perspectives, inclusive thinking, and highly specialized vertical capabilities to drive growth for our clients. We offer deep expertise across the entire customer journey, including communications, commerce, consultancy, CRM, CX, data, production, and technology.
Who we are looking for:
Wunderman Thompson is seeking an Associate Strategist who can uncover breakthrough customer insights and inspire impactful multi-channel CRM marketing campaigns and programs. As the digital ecosystem becomes more fragmented and consumer needs more personalized, Strategists define what should be created and when – based on business objectives, value to the consumer, cultural relevance, and competitive assessments – and determine where and in what form this content should live and how it will find an audience. Together, you will foster an environment of strong empathy for the human condition, critical thinking, business acumen, and love for solving the most meaningful problems through experience building.
What you’ll do:
- Research | Develop actionable insights from a wide variety of data sources: analysis of client data, primary and secondary research, and media data.
- Develop | Write and contribute to briefs and plans that build off a brand messaging strategy for campaigns and evergreen CRM communication and produce meaningful impact to business bottom line. Form point of view on specific topic areas and consequent executional plans.
- Communicate | Collaborate with cross-functional teams and provide strategic rationale for new opportunities across all digital and CRM channels. Support creative direction, measurement and optimization plans. Present strategic deliverables to client and participate in client communications throughout lifecycle of projects.
- Understand | Understand the dynamics of a client’s business and the category in which it operates. Keep abreast of the latest trends (culture, technology, media, and social) that are affecting and evolving human behavior.
Who you are:
- A builder | Entrepreneurial attitude coupled with a strong business acumen. Ability and appetite to bring people together. Innate ability to marshal people and create gravity around ideas.
- Open and collaborative | Our team is close-knit and supportive and we’re working with a lot of unknowns – you must be a champion of team environments that are comfortable and encouraging.
- Optimistic and resilient | Digs in and figures out how to work around problems and unknowns. Yes and why not posture. Takes care of self and team. Maintains stamina and positivity under constraints.
- Ego-less | We all wear the hats that need wearing- it’s a mentality that makes the team successful.
What you'll need:
- A minimum of 1 year of creative strategy experience within an agency.
- Knowledge of common CRM channels (email, SMS, owned digital and beyond) and experience developing multi-channel CRM campaigns or programs is preferred.
- Experience in various types of consumer research, insights generation, creative brief development, campaign development, content strategy, touchpoint/ journey mapping, data-driven campaign execution, optimizing creative based on campaign performance.
- Insatiable curiosity and passion about uncovering human truths, choices, and behaviors.
- Expertise in synthesizing and translating information and/or data into cohesive and concise thoughts and plans. Articulating problems and solutions clearly to bring unity to teams.
What we offer:
- Passionate, driven people | We champion a culture of people that do extraordinary work.
- Consciously cultivated culture | We aim to embody the behaviors to build an inclusive community that is in it together, bringing both positivity and active listening into the workplace as we simultaneously strive to empower creative bravery.
- Competitive benefits | What we offer full time hires ranges from the full spectrum of group health coverage options (medical, dental, vision) to a generous 401k match (100% dollar-for-dollar match, up to 5% of salary contribution), and a variety of paid time off offerings that reflect our investment in all aspects of your overall life balance and wellness.
- Growth-minded opportunities | We aim to nurture a culture of real-time feedback, growth-oriented mindset, and plenty of training opportunities through Wunderman Thompson and WPP, so you can continue to grow personally and professionally.
Wunderman Thompson is an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, military/veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability, or other protected group status. We believe in creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion and strives to recruit a diverse slate of candidates to help us achieve that goal.
At Wunderman Thompson, we are committed to actively building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and heard, and is treated with dignity and respect. As leaders and creative partners across industries, it is our responsibility to cultivate an environment reflective of our greatest asset; our people. We believe that this commitment inspires growth and delivers equitable outcomes for everyone as well as the clients and communities we serve.