Senior Editor (Health)
Senior Editor (Health)
Location: New York, NY, United States
Who we are:
At Wunderman Thompson we exist to inspire growth for ambitious brands. Part creative agency, part consultancy and part technology company, our experts provide end-to-end capabilities at a global scale to deliver inspiration across the entire brand and customer experience.
We are 20,000 strong in 90 markets around the world; our people bring together creative storytelling, diverse perspectives, inclusive thinking, and highly specialized vertical capabilities to drive growth for our clients. We offer deep expertise across the entire customer journey, including communications, commerce, consultancy, CRM, CX, data, production, and technology.
Wunderman Thompson Health, a division of Wunderman Thompson, works with companies to build world-class healthcare and pharmaceutical brands among medical professionals and consumers, with a transmedia storytelling approach that covers print, digital and television broadcast media, medical education, sales force presentations and managed access strategies.
Who we are looking for:
Wunderman Thompson Health is seeking a Senior Editor to join the team in our New York office. The Senior Editor is heavily involved in the day-to-day management of accounts, overseeing jobs from manuscript to printed piece, and assisting departmental processes. An SE is invariably the editor of record for drug launches. An SE will manage all aspects of assigned accounts without need for daily supervision; demonstrate leadership qualities/experience; be detail-oriented, with thorough knowledge of assigned account; apply client style, FDA regulations, and AMA requirements to each piece, ensuring the accuracy and integrity of all jobs that move through the agency; have mastered all other responsibilities listed under Editor; mentor junior staff; act as a training resource for editors and studio proofreaders.
What you’ll do:
- Manage | Manage all aspects of assigned accounts without need for daily supervision.
- Oversee | Create and oversee implementation of editorial style specific to each account. Aspects include AMA style, grammar, spelling, clarity, usage, punctuation, type and font treatment, placement and accuracy of art, Food and Drug Administration regulations, and individual client style requests.
- Copyedit | Copyedit and fact-check all manuscripts using primary source references.
- Approve | Approve all proofs and blueprints of jobs, including journal advertisements, informational brochures and newsletters, television commercials, sales aids, convention panels, monographs, and slide kits before release to clients.
- Collaborate | Collaborate with all members of account team including account executives, creative directors, copywriters, art directors, computer-aided design department, and clients to ensure adherence to editorial and client guidelines.
- Review | Go over all pieces with department proofreader, incorporating corrections and answering queries.
- Train | Act as training resource for editors and proofreader.
- Maintain | Maintain comprehensive style manuals.
Who you are:
- Organized | Detail oriented with superior organizational skills and good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Knowledgeable | Excellent command of language with strong client/product knowledge and familiarity with FDA regulations regarding Rx drug advertising.
What You’ll Need:
- Experience: Minimum of 3 years experience in medical/pharmaceutical copyediting in an advertising agency or pharmaceutical company.
Wunderman Thompson is an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, military/veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability, or other protected group status. We believe in creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion and strives to recruit a diverse slate of candidates to help us achieve that goal.
At Wunderman Thompson, we are committed to actively building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and heard, and is treated with dignity and respect. As leaders and creative partners across industries, it is our responsibility to cultivate an environment reflective of our greatest asset; our people. We believe that this commitment inspires growth and delivers equitable outcomes for everyone as well as the clients and communities we serve.
Note: We rely on legitimate interest as a legal basis for processing personal information under the GDPR for purposes of recruitment and applications for employment.