Department: Media Services
Location: Kansas City, MO, United States
Who we are:
At Wunderman Thompson we exist to inspire growth for ambitious brands. Part creative agency, part consultancy and part technology company, our experts provide end-to-end capabilities at a global scale to deliver inspiration across the entire brand and customer experience.
We are 20,000 strong in 90 markets around the world; our people bring together creative storytelling, diverse perspectives, inclusive thinking, and highly specialized vertical capabilities to drive growth for our clients. We offer deep expertise across the entire customer journey, including communications, commerce, consultancy, CRM, CX, data, production, and technology.
Who we are looking for:
Wunderman Thompson is seeking a Media Buyer. The Media Buyer buys and coordinates media campaigns and daily activities for all media accounts. S/he collaborates with media representatives and special project managers to proactively identify opportunities, negotiate details, and execute buys from start to finish. The Media Buyer is responsible for day-to-day insertion order and artwork fulfillment, in addition to tracking the delivery and performance of campaigns via a third-party ad serving platform. This person works very closely with the Media Director, Strategists and/or Media Planners to obtain a complete understanding of how the execution supports the strategy of the campaign for each client.
What you’ll do:
- Media | Manage the media campaign execution process from initial negotiations through final campaign performance tracking. Develop a solid understanding of the client target audiences and markets. Develop knowledge of client category and competitive activity. Secure media buys through the delivery of timely insertion orders. Develop and present POV’s for on-going media opportunities for clients to help grow their business objectives. Stay current with evolving media trends. Manage creative materials list and ensure creative is delivered by appropriate teams. Set-up and traffic digital media campaigns through appropriate platforms. Track that all media is billed in a timely manner – assist finance team on billing inquiries
- Negotiate | Negotiate with media sales companies to obtain the best rates and most appropriate media spaces for digital, social, print and any other planned channels
- Communicate | Own and build relationships with media sales companies and maintain day-to-day agency/rep communications. Work with Media Planners to negotiate and optimize schedules. Attend all relevant client/vendor/internal meetings
- Reporting | Handle client reporting and budget management, including spending updates throughout the campaign. Gather and organize campaign metrics for team analysis and presentation – works with team members to compile monthly, quarterly and/or year-end media recaps
Who you are:
- A builder | Entrepreneurial attitude couple with a strong business acumen. Ability and appetite to bring people together. Innate ability to marshal people and create gravity around ideas.
- Open and collaborative | Our team is close-knit and supportive and we’re working with a lot of unknowns – you must champion of team environments that are comfortable and encouraging.
- Optimistic and resilient | Dig in and figure out how to work around problems. Yes and why not posture. Takes care of self and team. Balance needed to maintain stamina and positivity.
- Ego-less | We all wear the hats that need wearing, it’s a mentality that makes the team successful
What you’ll need:
- 1-2 years of media buying experience or agency experience preferred
- Experience with third-party ad serving (preferably Google Campaign Manager)
- Experience with media buying software and Google Analytics preferred
- Knowledge or experience with analytics platforms a plus (Google Data Studio, Tableau, Datorama, etc.)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office – PowerPoint, Word and especially Excel
- Highly organized and responsive, with ability to work on multiple projects in a fast-paced, environment
- Strong communication and relationship-building skills, both internally with co-workers/teams and externally with vendors
Wunderman Thompson is an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, military/veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability, or other protected group status. We believe in creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion and strives to recruit a diverse slate of candidates to help us achieve that goal.
At Wunderman Thompson, we are committed to actively building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and heard, and is treated with dignity and respect. As leaders and creative partners across industries, it is our responsibility to cultivate an environment reflective of our greatest asset; our people. We believe that this commitment inspires growth and delivers equitable outcomes for everyone as well as the clients and communities we serve.