Associate Creative Director, Copy - VW
Associate Creative Director, Copy - VW
Location: New York, NY, United States
Who we are:
At Wunderman Thompson we exist to inspire growth for ambitious brands. Part creative agency, part consultancy and part technology company, our experts provide end-to-end capabilities at a global scale to deliver inspiration across the entire brand and customer experience.
We are 20,000 strong in 90 markets around the world; our people bring together creative storytelling, diverse perspectives, inclusive thinking, and highly specialized vertical capabilities to drive growth for our clients. We offer deep expertise across the entire customer journey, including communications, commerce, consultancy, CRM, CX, data, production, and technology.
Who we are looking for:
Wunderman Thompson is seeking an Associate Creative Director, Copy for our NY office. The ACD, Copy is a storyteller who works closely with art directors and strategists to conceive and create concepts for digital, social and traditional channels. The entire creative team will work together to translate these ideas from the written tone into a finished ad to meet our clients’ business objectives. Our creative teams always strive to create boundary pushing, award-winning work.
What you’ll do:
- Manage | Provide creative leadership as well as vision and inspiration to creative staff. Own assigned projects and manage all aspects of the assignment, team, creative work, budget, and presenting. Work with Creative Directors to manage Creative team in ensuring quality and accuracy on all creative products. Make recommendations to senior leadership and other team members on how to improve process and product. Supervise, mentor, and train more junior level teams, including: Senior Art Directors, Art Directors, Senior Copywriters, Copywriters, Designers and Interns.
- Create | Demonstrate creativity through efficiently conceptualizing, planning, producing, refining, and leading a diverse range of creative ideas and concepts. Work in a Copywriter capacity and performs the duties of the position when in this role. Present creative rationale during internal and client presentations. Drive the creative solution for new business pitches. Offer proactive solutions and ensure successful progression.
- Collaborate | Communicate with client service Account Director(s) regarding business scopes, financials, schedules, and planning. Collaborate with creative leaders with interviewing, hiring, training and the evaluation of junior Creative staff.
Who you are:
- Leader | Entrepreneurial attitude. Ability and appetite to create bring people together. Posses an Innate knack to marshal people and create gravity around ideas. Prioritize, organize and multi-task effectively. exhibit client service approach with results-driven performance. Effectively solve marketing problems with creative solutions.
- Open and collaborative | Our team is close-knit and supportive and we’re working with a lot of unknowns – you must be a champion of team environments that are comfortable with ambiguity and encourage collaboration. Accept constructive internal and client comments with regard to concepts and copy.
- An experimenter | Embrace the unknown and ready to break process. You’ll be excited by opportunities to create new rather than default to plugging-in to existing ones, while leaning towards experimentation. You see technology as a tool for creativity. Provide guidance across departments in a team and matrix environment.
- Ego-less | We all wear the hats that need wearing, it’s a mentality that makes the team successful.
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s degree plus seven or more years of copy experience in an advertising, marketing or experiential, creative agency environment
- Experience within the Automotive sphere is especially relevant for this role
- Knowledge of CX based campaigns will be extremely helpful
- Two or more years of supervisory experience
- Advanced competencies in Microsoft Office, Internet environments and industry-standard software programs
- Understanding of both the art and copy side and the ability to evaluate both
- Diverse account and industry experience
- Experience in and ability to evaluate all mediums to develop fully integrated marketing campaigns
- Strong portfolio of work that demonstrates strategic, conceptual and creative thinking
- Excellent presentation skills
What we offer:
- Passionate, driven people | We champion a culture of people that do extraordinary work.
- Consciously cultivated culture | We aim to embody the behaviors to build an inclusive community that is in it together, bringing both positivity and active listening into the workplace as we simultaneously strive to empower creative bravery.
- Competitive benefits | What we offer full time hires ranges from the full spectrum of group health coverage options (medical, dental, vision) to a generous 401k match (100% dollar-for-dollar match, up to 5% of salary contribution), and a variety of paid time off offerings that reflect our investment in all aspects of your overall life balance and wellness.
- Growth-minded opportunities | We aim to nurture a culture of real-time feedback, growth-oriented mindset, and plenty of training opportunities through Wunderman Thompson and WPP, so you can continue to grow personally and professionally.
Wunderman Thompson is an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, military/veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability, or other protected group status. We believe in creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion and strives to recruit a diverse slate of candidates to help us achieve that goal.
At Wunderman Thompson, we are committed to actively building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and heard, and is treated with dignity and respect. As leaders and creative partners across industries, it is our responsibility to cultivate an environment reflective of our greatest asset; our people. We believe that this commitment inspires growth and delivers equitable outcomes for everyone as well as the clients and communities we serve.