Chief Strategy Officer
Chief Strategy Officer
Location: Singapore, Singapore
Who we are:
At Wunderman Thompson we exist to inspire growth for ambitious brands. Part creative agency, part consultancy and part technology company, our experts provide end-to-end capabilities at a global scale to deliver inspiration across the entire brand and customer experience.
We are 20,000 strong in 90 markets around the world; our people bring together creative storytelling, diverse perspectives, inclusive thinking, and highly specialized vertical capabilities to drive growth for our clients. We offer deep expertise across the entire customer journey, including communications, commerce, consultancy, CRM, CX, data, production, and technology.
Wunderman Thompson is seeking a Chief Strategy Officer responsible for Wunderman Thompson Singapore’s overall strategic output, providing direction on critical accounts, driving key pitches, and growing specialty strategic skills across the agency’s capabilities offering. In this role, you will be a member of the Wunderman Thompson Singapore Leadership Team contributing to the shape and success of the business. This role reports to the Chief Executive Officer Singapore, with day to day responsibilities framed in partnership with the Regional Chief Strategy Officer.
As CSO Singapore you will partner closely with the CCO to drive excellence, delivering inspiring and award-winning creative work. You will manage strategy leads across all offices and accounts in the regions, working in close partnership with CX and creative teams. You will embrace strategic rigor that inspires award winning, effective creative and thrive on the innovative use of data to optimize the creative process. You will drive clarity and simplicity of platform ideas. You are a visible and respected thought leader in the industry, a strong collaborator, and an engaging presenter who can command the respect of every strategist, as well as cross-functional teams and clients to effectively inspire and persuade them.
What you’ll do
- Lead | Lead, inspire, motivate, mentor and retain an outstanding planning and strategy department dedicated to creative excellence and long-term client success. Review, manage and deploy team resources in a way that supports client, business, and personal team goals.
- Thought Leadership | Use your experience and knowledge to inspire and motivate the team. Have the ability to evolve and grow your skills, philosophy and approach to keep up with the marketplace and talent you’ll have to manage. Lead key client engagements including roundtables, workshops and ongoing client relationship building.
- Growth | Utilize the wide-ranging, WPP/WT network to identify clear areas of opportunity, introduce new capabilities, and convert them into solutions to add value to client propositions. Lead organic growth of existing accounts and secure net new account wins through pitches.
- Work | Share perspectives and recommendations clearly and persuasively, demonstrating a strong storytelling capability. Develop strategic deliverables that include research synthesis, creative briefs, customer journeys, competitive analysis, content strategy, and brand positioning. Contribute business and technical knowledge related to client business, consumer behavior, and digital transformation.
- Client Partnerships | Partner with agency and client counterparts to develop the annual marketing strategy and plan, while effectively leading the evolution of brand strategy. Consult with client partners and agency leadership on strategy, while promoting and encouraging the appropriate application of research and customer data to assist in decision making.
- Collaborate | Work with the data, creative and account management teams to ensure all client deliverables are flawlessly executed and on strategy.
Who you are
- Minimum 15 years overall experience, with a focus on traditional brand planning, backed up by digital marketing (Social, CRM, Content, Data, Media) across multiple client sectors.
- Passion for creative work which delivers impact
- Experience with both B2C and B2B clients
- Experience partnering/leading C-level clients and managing across entire organizations
- Extensive experience with data driven brand strategy for large, global clients
- Comfort with both creative and analytical problem solving
- Curiosity in the face of our breadth of capabilities
- Entrepreneurial attitude coupled with strong business acumen
- Collaborative, team-player mindset
At Wunderman Thompson, we are committed to actively building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and heard, and is treated with dignity and respect. As leaders and creative partners across industries, it is our responsibility to cultivate an environment reflective of our greatest asset; our people. We believe that this commitment inspires growth and delivers equitable outcomes for everyone as well as the clients and communities we serve.