Director of Analytics
Director of Analytics
Department: Data & Analytics
Location: Atlanta, GA, United States
Who we are:
At Wunderman Thompson we exist to inspire growth for ambitious brands. Part creative agency, part consultancy and part technology company, our experts provide end-to-end capabilities at a global scale to deliver inspiration across the entire brand and customer experience.
We are 20,000 strong in 90 markets around the world; our people bring together creative storytelling, diverse perspectives, inclusive thinking, and highly specialized vertical capabilities to drive growth for our clients. We offer deep expertise across the entire customer journey, including communications, commerce, consultancy, CRM, CX, data, production, and technology.
Who we are looking for:
Wunderman Thompson is seeking a Director, Analytics who has extensive knowledge of data-enabled and analytically driven marketing solutions. This role leads the capabilities and offerings for our Atlanta team and clients, working with four direct-reports to service one of the agency's largest accounts.
**This is a remote flexible opportunity with option for hybrid in-office working capability. Our offices are currently open.**
What you’ll do:
- Client | Manage significant client interaction, consulting with account-specific teams regularly to advance the use of data and analytics to drive business outcomes. Draw upon a range of applications in support of a variety of marketing use cases and activities that advances clients on their digital transformation journey. Earn client and agency partner trust through consultative-based relationships while identifying and defining data-enabled solutions to client business problems. Collaborate with internal and external data and analytics capability teams in the solution design and execution.
- Lead | Lead matrixed teams engaged on client businesses, thought leadership initiatives and new business engagements. Guide teams working on projects ensuring alignment with client need and deliverable expectations. Own client deliverables around insight-generating activities, modern segmentation and targeting strategies, personalization and measurement frameworks and the resulting client satisfaction. Lead the adaptation of modern marketing principles to the unique dynamics of each individual client’s business and situation. Drive measurement and reporting strategies ensuring accountability while revealing optimization opportunities. Leverage advanced data visualization skills to convey the story. Engage with advanced analytics, data science, consulting and media teams to deliver exceptional client value. Partner with agency disciplines, including client service, strategy, creative and project management ensuring deliverables are in strategic alignment and within client scope and budget while also creating resource allocations required to deliver the work.
- Innovate | Play a significant role in guiding clients’ digital transformation initiatives. Develop analytical techniques and tools into marketable products that fulfill needs across the client base. Identify strategic analytic needs (e.g., targeting techniques, content intelligence through data science techniques, etc.), present proposals, and create and manage project plans to complete work. Drive forward data-inspired approaches across internal and partner teams.
Who you are:
- Client Partner | Relentlessly focused on understanding the factors impacting the client’s objectives to ensure objective obtainment. Engage with clients and agency teams to review and discuss data trends, insights, and recommendations. Work with the Account Management and Strategy teams to maintain and grow client relationships and manage client expectations. Partner with discipline leads and network resources as appropriate on the identification of organic growth opportunities and then development and presentation of new project ideas to ensure attainment of client objectives.
- Team Player | Train and mentor analytics team members; foster and promote a team working environment. Uphold agency-wide policies, procedures, and processes across the Marketing Intelligence team. Participate in department overview meetings, mentor programs, and in-house workshops when necessary. Take the time to notice, recognize and appreciate the achievements of individuals and teams.
- Entrepreneur | Seek opportunities to improve our work. Provide analytical support for business development opportunities. Foster innovation of new ideas and encourages independent thought.
What You’ll Need:
- Successful candidates will have strong data, mathematical or statistical backgrounds, proven track record of advancing the use of data and analytics and thrive in a team environment of open idea exchange.
- 8+ years or more experience in analytical/planning functions; three or more years of team management experience in a preferably in a matrixed environment
- Proficiency with digital marketing analytics tools and methodologies (i.e. Google Analytics or Adobe, email, digital media/social tools) and implementation
- Experience with statistical & data analysis methods (regression, factoring, clustering, decision trees, etc.) and tools (R, Python, SQL, etc.)
- Versed in marketing technology platforms and approaches to developing and deploying campaigns through marketing automation and CRM (Adobe, Salesforce, etc.)
- Experience with marketing programs oriented towards lead generation or recruiting a plus
- Proven ability to create and deliver persuasive presentations, POV statements, strategic and operational recommendations for existing and prospective clients
- A natural curiosity and the drive to consistently seek opportunities to grow our team and our clients’ business
Wunderman Thompson is an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, military/veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability, or other protected group status. We believe in creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion and strives to recruit a diverse slate of candidates to help us achieve that goal.
At Wunderman Thompson, we are committed to actively building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and heard, and is treated with dignity and respect. As leaders and creative partners across industries, it is our responsibility to cultivate an environment reflective of our greatest asset; our people. We believe that this commitment inspires growth and delivers equitable outcomes for everyone as well as the clients and communities we serve.