Privacy Business Analyst
Privacy Business Analyst
Department: Data & Analytics
Location: Praha, Czech Republic
Who we are:
At Wunderman Thompson we exist to inspire growth for ambitious brands. Part creative agency, part consultancy and part technology company, our experts provide end-to-end capabilities at a global scale to deliver inspiration across the entire brand and customer experience.
We are 20,000 strong in 90 markets around the world; our people bring together creative storytelling, diverse perspectives, inclusive thinking, and highly specialized vertical capabilities to drive growth for our clients. We offer deep expertise across the entire customer journey, including communications, commerce, consultancy, CRM, CX, data, production, and technology.
There are almost 400 of us in Wunderman Thompson Prague, and in the office, you’ll meet both junior and senior colleagues from different parts of the world. We speak Czech and English, but sometimes you’ll also hear Spanish, German, or Italian. Although we are the largest marketing agency in the Czech Republic and a bit of a corporate, an important part of our corporate culture is a friendly and informal atmosphere based on mutual trust and cooperation.
The position lands in a team responsible for conducting privacy reviews and supporting privacy-related projects in support of the Sales & Marketing Privacy Program (SMPP) for a big global software company. The team will be part of WundermanThompson´s hub (Operations support team) situated in Prague, which is providing various on-line marketing services globally. Due to the global nature of the business, combined with the high-visibility and impact of privacy review output, high quality of work is at upmost importance, especially for incident responses where time is essential. It is expected that the candidate manages his/her time effectively against assigned priorities, defined SLA, and quality expectations.
What you'll need?
- Engage directly with stakeholders as appropriate to support reviews and inquiries
- Consult non-standard cases with the rest of the team and follow their guidance
- Collaborate with other privacy teams globally
- Identify and report privacy incidents
- Investigate privacy incidents related to customer and partner personal data; propose remediation activities in coordination with stakeholders
- Maintain systems, tools and processes to ensure compliance with privacy policies and standards
- Serve as liaison between stakeholders and marketing operations
- Work with internal teams to support privacy activities and raise awareness
- Excellent customer services skills
- Good analytical skills
- Fluency in English communication (oral, written and interpersonal), other languages are a big plus
- Proactive, positive, and energetic; can-do attitude
- Ability to multitask multiple deliverables and meet deadlines
- Team player – must focus on winning as a team rather than individually.
- Excellent organization skills, acute attention to detail, strong analytical skills
- Privacy training or certification is a big plus (CIPP/E preferably)
What reward will you get from us?
💰 a competitive salary
🏝 5 weeks of vacation + 4 sick days
🍲 catering allowance and 🍹 refreshment in the office
⏱ flexible working hours and home office
🏋 MultiSport card to access sports facilities
🎓 free language lessons and the professional system of internal education for your potential to grow
🏢 Campus with own restaurant, café, parking, showers, and many different working places for inspiration
🙏 an Informal, friendly environment supporting diversity
🎂 birthday gift
🐕🐩🐕🦺 we are a dog-friendly company
📷🎧🎥 we have own professional audio-video studio in the Campus
If you see a match🔥, let us know and apply now! Or, if you know someone who would be suitable for this position, let them know!
Would you like to know more about daily Prague´s agency life? Check out 👉Czech Republic Careers (wundermanthompson.com)👈 website.
At Wunderman Thompson, we are committed to actively building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and heard, and is treated with dignity and respect. As leaders and creative partners across industries, it is our responsibility to cultivate an environment reflective of our greatest asset; our people. We believe that this commitment inspires growth and delivers equitable outcomes for everyone as well as the clients and communities we serve.